Sunday, March 20, 2005

Hip Hip Hurray for Lazy Sunday’s

I almost had plans, but they got cancelled at the last minute. So, I have not a darn thing that I HAVE to do today. I love days like this. They are so rare. Now, all I need is to not obsess over Lucky and whether she is okay or not. There was a mix up at the vet clinic. I asked to be called with her test results on my cell phone since I knew that I would be gone most of the day and didn’t want to miss the call, but the Dr. must not have gotten that note and called me on my home phone. I didn’t get the message until about 3:50 pm and called the clinic right away because they close at 4 pm on Saturday’s. They must have turned the out of office greeting on early or my clocks were behind and I didn’t get to talk to anyone. Now, I am just worrying, but trying not to panic. Dr. C just said she got the results and to call her back. This tells me that they were not normal, because in the past, if it was normal, she said so in the message. I keep telling myself it can’t be anything too bad, right? Lucky isn’t acting like she is sick. She still wants to play and hike and get into trouble. Ugh, first thing Monday, I will find out. I hate waiting. I should have checked my messages earlier, but it just didn’t occur to me.

My yearly review went just fine. Actually, better than I expected it would. I could write tons about that, but think I will go lay down and be lazy instead.

I finished reading this book last night and it just pisses me off when books aren’t ended very well. This author spent 500 pages setting everything up and then rushed through the ending that isn’t even plausible. I hate that. This is the second book I have read recently that didn’t have a good ending. The other one wasn’t really bad, I just didn’t understand it. This one was just plain bad. It was not plausible and after all that work, I just felt the author didn’t know how to end it so made up some stupid implausible ending. Sigh. Maybe I will just stick to t.v for awhile. Okay, probably not.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I really hope that it is nothing serious with Lucky...sending lots of prayers.
What book did you read this time? A book I read that I hated the ending was the Da Vinci code. Loved the story, but the ending just seemed to happen to fast for me.