Thursday, March 03, 2005

Grease and Beef

My icky crampy feeling went away quickly once I had dinner last night. I guess I just needed some grease and some beef in my diet. Mom and I decided to go to Chili’s. I haven’t been there in years. It is not part of our regular restaurant rotation. As I mentioned, I was looking for something different. They had this one pasta dish that I had last time I went years and years ago that I had a taste (No, NOT a CRAVING) for. Unfortunately, it was no longer on the menu. So, grease and beef it was. Mom and I shared an Awesome Blossom and I opted for a hamburger. It hit the spot.

I managed to walk the dogs with the dinner staying in tack. Wow, it was actually quite an uneventful walk after the last few nights.

I was happy to have enough leftovers to have a nice second helping today. Hmm, it was almost as good.

One of these days soon, I really need to make it to the grocery store. Shoot, for that matter, one of these days soon, I really need to empty my dishwasher and water my dying indoor plants. I also should return some of the phone calls that have been coming in that I have missed or been too tired to take. What I will likely do instead is get off the computer, go walk the dogs, open and close my cupboards and fridge several times looking for something desirable to eat, settle on cereal since it is really all I have left (using the last of the milk), read a chapter of this book that is very interesting, before deciding that I can’t keep my eyes open another minute and must fall asleep, wake up in the middle of the night starving and still have nothing to eat, settle on cereal with chocolate milk (using the last of that), hope I fall back asleep, then start all over again tomorrow.

I think tomorrow, I really MUST find the energy to get groceries.

Interesting, as I write this, I realize my life might revolve around food. Hey, a pregnant lady needs to eat at regular intervals you know! Also interesting is that while I may feel like I eat all day long and much more than I used to, I have not gained any weight to speak of. I lost about 6 lbs the first few months and gained back about 2 lbs a few weeks ago and have held within a few pounds depending on how much and what I eat in the middle of the night when I wake up starved, how many bowel movements I have had that day, how much salty food I ate the prior day causing water retention, etc.

What has been my biggest craving over time so far? Oranges. Followed by Orange Juice and Lemonade. Sadly, I have been out of oranges or any citrus type fruit for days. I must get more. I must go to the grocery store. Tomorrow.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Hehe. I love dinners/snacks of cereal and milk! LOL:)

What are you reading?

Sasha@Pw said...

So many of my friends who have been pregnant at one time (including myself) have always craved cheeseburgers or hamburgers! And often, they were able to stay down! So odd.