Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ugh!

Life can be really annoying sometimes. It's a given that my feeling good was short lived. Yep, yesterday I had nausea pretty much all day with some heartburn thrown in for good measure, although no vomiting. I'd prefer a quick vomit than all day nausea hands down. But, anyway, that's not what has me annoyed in the middle of the night. No, it's the fact that the battery in the smoke alarm in Max's room apparently needs to be changed as evidenced by the annoying beep, beep, beep at periodic intervals that woke me out of a nice, sound sleep. And, there is no way I can change it while Max is asleep and it is a major hassle to change. I have to get the tall ladder out of the garage, carry it accross the house trying not to bash and possession in route, move furniture in Max's room, put it up, and then climb up it. I currently have my bedroom door closed and the monitor off and I can't hear it anymore. Of course, I can't hear Max if/when he wakes up either. Ugh! The thing is, I never, not once have loaded a battery into a smoke detector in the middle of the night. Why is it that every time except once, the battery goes out with that annoying beep in the middle of the night. Very annoying and not very convenient. And, I don't want to hear it about regular maintenance and replacing the batteries on schedule. This is actually done when my cousin is here once a year. It's her job. She installed them. She's taller. And, she doesn't mind climbing tall ladders. Granted, it's not hard. It will probably only take 15 minutes all told to resolve, but annoying none the less.

2 comments:

Laura in L.A. said...

I'm thinking of you, Deb. I hope all is well.

Love, Laura

QuiltingChaos said...

Hey, my smoke alarm batteries always die in the middle of the night, too.