Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The results are in

Finally, the CVS results are in. I missed the call the first time. Called, left a message. And, almost missed the call the second time. I had planned on not finding out the gender, but thought long and hard about that after the genetics counseling appointment when I was told Dr. H, the SR doc, tries to "balance things out". Ultimately, I decided I did want to know.

Baby A, normal boy
Baby B, normal girl
Baby C, normal girl

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Congratulations on healthy children! Will they tell you before hand which one will be reduced? I am keeping you in my prayers Debbie that all goes well next week and for the rest of your pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

Oh Deb ... Jo here, and as you know, I've been through the SR thing myself, so while I can't say how you feel, I can imagine. If it were me, I'd actually be sorta hoping one wasn't chromosomally normal so I wouldn't really have a "choice". So now, it comes down to ...do you want b/g twins, or g/g. I don't envy you this knowledge and choice. And I'm sorry if I'm just plain projecting my own feelings on this, but I do know how damn hard this whole thing is, and how hard it is to be excited about your pregnancy when you have this ahead of you. I didn't do CVS, and while all three looked good on the NT screening, the one that was reduced was selected by the doc solely on the basis that it had slighly less amniotic fluid. Anyhoo ... at least from my own experience, I can say that I did go on to enjoy my pregnancy (as much as you can a twin pg) after the SR, but I won't lie ... I still think about Baby C.

(((Deb)))

Anonymous said...

Your situation is heartbreaking. What a difficult decision to make. I had one thought - premature girls tend to do better than premature boys, so if for any reason, you believe that you will deliver early, maybe the girls would have a better chance at a healthy outlook. I believe that is what statistics in NICUs show.

Solitaire said...

Gosh, how difficult. In your situation I know I'd have been praying for one to not be normal so that the choice would be taken away. Does the doc decide which one to reduce or do you? I'd have thought positioning and ease of doing the procedure (so as to disturb the other two less) would also play a factor. Good luck with whatever you decide.

calliope said...

been thinking about you.
xoxo

Aimee said...

So happy to hear all three are healthy but it does make for a very difficult and emotionally tough decision for you. Sorry you have to be the one making the big call here, hopefully your Dr.'s can help you decide on the best move to make. Wishing you the best...