Monday, May 15, 2006

Yesterday vs. Today

Yesterday – I got to sleep in until 6. Today – I was up at 5:15 am.

Yesterday - Max was in a good mood and took good naps. Today - Max has been fussy and had three short naps.

Yesterday - Max was healthy. Today - Max is getting sick (cold/cough); isn’t feeling well; lost his balance; cut/bruised his eye; screamed for 10 -15 min.; then fell asleep; causing a trip to the pediatrician to rule out something serious and/or a concussion.

I am not feeling so happy with a new SMC member that came to our meeting on Saturday when her son, who is a few weeks younger than Max, was “just getting over something” because Max now has what he was “getting over”. I liked her and I liked her son. It will be great having another kid right in the same age for Max to grow up with, but life is so much harder when Max gets sick. Then, I get sick. I have to drag Max and Naomi to the doctor. Max didn’t get any time at the park today and had to eat lunch in his car seat on the way home. I know that kids will get sick. I am not ultra paranoid about germs and what he is getting exposed to, but it just inconsiderate to me to blatantly expose other children like that. Right now, I am Listening to Max totally whine as Naomi tries to give him dinner and I must say it is really annoying.

I emailed our group organizer and told her I was going to say something to the mom next time about not bringing her kid if he is sick or just getting over being sick. As much as I love going to the meetings, I have passed when we were feeling under the weather. Maybe when the kids get older it will not be that big of a deal, but at this age it is just too hard and not worth the few hours of socialize for days of a sick, fussy whinny kid; even when that kids is as good natured as Max is. You can’t give them anything but Tylenol or Motrin to help the aches and nothing for the stuffiness. If this turns into another ear infection, I am going to be really upset.

Yes, I am feeling a tad grouchy at the moment. It hasn’t helped that I totally bled through last night all over my sheets and panties. And, then again, right before I left to take Max to the doctor. I finally used one of the big mega pads left over from delivering Max. Not pleasant.

Today is not as good a day as yesterday was.

No comments: