Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My weekend = Wonderful

My weekend started with me pulling out the carpet, carpet tacks and the old tile under the carpet (which I am told could contain asbestos because of when they were made – in the 50’s) on Friday night from the toilet overflow problem with my mother on Wednesday because the stench was pretty unbearable and I did not want to leave an stinky or unsafe environment while gone this weekend.

On Saturday morning, I had my IUI. I was very pleased because I had, in the end, a better response than I had expected/hoped. I was REALLY glad that I stimmed and extra day. I had the following: 30, 20, 16, 16, 12. And, now I wait. I have a 7 dpo progesterone test on Friday and a beta the Friday after that if I don’t get my period first. I feel like I may have a fighting chance on this cycle assuming I have any kind of egg quality left. Time will tell.

After my IUI I came home and loaded up the car and Max for a lovely weekend at my friend’s family beach house. It worked out great to have Naomi on Saturday morning watching Max for both the IUI and getting the car loaded.

The weather was great and I had a terrific time at the beach. It went all too fast and I am feeling very tired today. There wasn’t really any down time because Max was gassy, constipated, and didn’t sleep well. In contrast, he slept great last night from the time I put him in the car to come home until morning if you don’t count the 10 minutes between 4:44 and 4:54 when he woke and was hungry. He fell back asleep in bed with me until 6 am. He slept from 9:30 am – 12:55 today and had a HUGE BM when he woke up. Ahhh! That kid of mine. LOL. How can he sleep all morning on the day I have to work and have his nanny here, but barely sleep when I have a chance to relax and read a book or stare into the ocean. Doesn’t he know that timing is everything? LOL. What can I say? I love him anyway even if he frequently let’s me know what I can do with my plans.

It was wonderful to see Max interact and observe (don’t think you can really call it “play” at this age) with my friends twins and will be more interesting to see as they grow older. Max seemed to be similar in personality to Jamie. It will be interesting to see if they butt heads trying to be top dog as they get older. Her other twin John is just so easy going and mild mannered you can see him getting along with anyone. Max was (mostly) not jealous if I was giving attention or playing with one of the other kids, but did maneuver over a few times just to make sure Jamie realized that I was “his”. LOL. It was very cute and all of them are so adorable. It made me re-think my desire for twins and make me want them all the more at the same time, if that makes sense.

It was also really interesting to see my friends older son (who I am pretty sure is 4 or 4.5) interact with the “babies”. He actually “played” and interacted with Max a few times, but pretty much ignored his brothers most of the time. He got a little out of sorts a few times when all the babies were awake at the same time, which didn’t happen all that much actually since they are on pretty different schedules/routines, but rebounded with a little extra TLC and attention just for him.

All and all, it was a terrific weekend and wonderful to get away with good food and great company.

No comments: