Wednesday, May 31, 2006

More on the weekend

I am so very, very tired. As wired as I get on stims is as tired as I get on progesterone. I would dearly love to go lay down even if I didn’t nap, but it isn’t in the cards since today is Wednesday and my mom will be here soon for our weekly dinner. Plus, my sister and her friend are joining us today and will get here a bit after my mom.

So, since I don’t get to nap (imagine a big pout), I thought I would talk more about my weekend.

It was really nice to hang out with an older boy to see what they find fun and annoying and entertaining. I could see Max acting the way my friends 4 year old “C” did in many situations when he grows into that age. C is a slow eater and gets really distracted. I can totally see that being Max at his age. This is direct contrast to her twins. Max could be in the high chair eating for at least 10 – 15 min. before they fed one twin, then the other, and cleaned up and Max would still be working on his meal. Same with the bottle. It can take Max 30 – 40 min. to drink and 8 oz bottle. I think they would finish theirs in about 10 minutes. I wonder if it is hereditary and they are born that way. Most of me says yes, but a part of me wonders. I wonder because Max has started spitting food (and water out). I have asked his nanny and she says he doesn’t do this for her. Unless, I am around. This makes me think that I am doing something to re-enforce the behavior. Since it is around food, it is pretty hard to ignore so I have been asking him if he is “all done” and making the “all done” baby sign and ending the meal if I really think he is done. Or, I may try to give him solids like cheerios or small pieces of meat or fruit if I think he is still hungry. If he eats that great, if not than I move on and end the meal. I don’t want him to think this is a game or make it a control issue (as my friend who is a ped said can happen in these cases).

My friend has a dog named Max who was at the beach house with us. It was funny talking with “C” about dog Max or baby Max or “his” Max and “my” Max. Max and I were able to keep up our normal “routine” of walking in the morning and the end of the night and dog Max went with us. He is a great dog and so happy to go along and be out. It was a bit bitter sweet because it really pointed out how old and slow my Shadow has become. She would not have been able to walk even a fraction of what we did. It also reminded me how long it has been since I have done any kind of hills while out. I didn’t really notice any stiffness while there, but yesterday my calves were really tight and I could hardly walk without stretching them first. Today, they are still a bit sore.

Under the title of “it’s a small world”, I was out moving my car and started talking to one of the neighbors who has a daughter about a month older than Max. She asked who had the baby and I laughed and said there were 3 of them in there. She came over the next day to visit when some of the other SMC’s my friend invited were their and she asked how we all knew each other. We explained through the SMC organization and it turns out that she is a member and had actually tried and conceived (but, m/c’d) via donor sperm and was now in a relationship with her baby’s father who she may or may not marry at some point in the future, but maintains her membership. Now, what are the odds. On a side note, she was still breastfeeding, and it made me a bit whimsical about the good ole days. Sigh.

I think there were a few more points I wanted to ponder, but my mom is here now and I should probably go visit. And, I am too tired to remember what they are right now.

No comments: