Tuesday, May 16, 2006

cd5 baseline u/s update

I just got back from my cd5 baseline u/s. My RE laughed when I told him I was thinking about canceling the cycle*. I am still laughing at his response. I am in a much better mood after the appointment. Most of the time, I am always in a better mood come away from that place than going in. We agreed to do a lesser dose of stims. I think he was geared up for a “discussion” to convince me. I told him I was right on board with that and of the same opinion. I had a small cyst left over from the last cycle, but it was small enough to proceed without draining. I refrained from pointing out that I “knew” that and that was why I suspected that I hadn’t ovulated. He said he saw 10 antral follicles on my left. My right was typically hard to find with nothing to show for itself. The lining was thin, but good for so early in the cycle.

I stop by the pharmacy to get the meds, which rang up to under $50. I guess they have the benefits wrong because insurance was not supposed to pay. SCORE! It should have been over $1K, since we only got enough from now until Friday. If I had known insurance was picking it up for just the co-pay, I would have gotten more. LOL.

Dr. N talked to me about the possibility of having to convert the other way to IVF depending on my response. I think all those antrals made him a tad nervous.

We will see how things look on Friday.

I talked him into letting me have my E2 and FSH tested. If this cycle fails, we will test again on cd3 prior to moving to IVF. If it is successful, I want to know what the number is incase I foolishly decided to try this again down the road.

Okay, got to go and spend the evening with Mr. Max who isn’t eating much, is coughing and sneezing, and has a drippy nose, but seems to be feeling much better than yesterday.

*and I didn't even tell him (yet) about being due on my b-day if this cycle is successful.

No comments: