Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Cycle = Bust …OR NOT - EDITED

Well, this cycle is out. No need to even wait until the beta. I didn’t ovulate. It just sucks! I can’t believe how sad and miserable I feel at this moment, which surprises me since I was pretty sure I hadn’t ovulated and I knew it would be too good to be true for me to be pregnant first time out in round two. This hurts just as badly as it did pre-Max. I guess the only difference is that I have his cute smile and wonderful disposition as a distraction and the hope that it did work once so there is a chance it can work again. I wish I could go crawl in bed and have a good cry, but not only do I have work to do…my house is not my own anymore during the day. Have I said how much this sucks? Just waiting to here back from my RE on a few things and for him to confirm since he told me anything above 4 indicated ovulation and the nurse said anything above 15. My progesterone was 9.4. It has to be a different unit of measure. Anyway, not surprised, but am sad. Very, very sad.

Edited:
I love my RE. I really do. Got a very quick response from him saying that nurse was wrong and I was right. I had ovulated. Anything above 4 indicates ovulation. He wanted me to add in another progesterone suppository during the day. Whew. He made my day. Yes, many would consider 9.4 low and it is when 10 is needed to maintain a pregnancy. But, I never got above 15 when pregnant with Max at 10w gestation with supplementation. And, the only other time we did a 7dpo check was on my 2nd clomid cycle with no supplementation and it was only 7. I have progesterone envy when I hear people say their progesterone was in the hundreds (and ask if this is okay) since I know that you can never have too much (after ovulation) only too little. Okay, back in the game a little longer. I guess I will decline a glass of wine with dinner tonight after all. I still think I have a cyst on my left ovary, but glad to know it is one of those slacker follicles instead of the lead dominate one. Good thing I didn’t retreat to my bedroom to bawl my eyes out. I would have missed my RE’s quick response back. While I am not jumping for joy, I am happy I am still in the game. I guess Friday is beta day after all. Maybe this really could work first time out of the gate?

I don’t want to jinx anything and it really could mean absolutely nothing or be totally unrelated, but the last two mornings I have started gagging when brushing my teeth. The reason I gag is because I have drainage. However, the only other time this happened was my entire pregnancy with Max.

Damn, this ttc process is such a roller coaster. One minute up, then down in the dumps, then up again. At least, I made it past one more milestone and there is still hope for this cycle.

2 comments:

Jen said...

My fingers are officially crossed. I don't know if you read my post but I am officially not a "thinker" anylonger! I am a sperm owner! Which is highly thrilling and exciting and such :) We need to get together soon though so you can give me all the ins and outs of it :)

Katrina said...

I am so bad at keeping up with you these days..but I can't wait to hear your beta news tomorrow! Good luck!