Wednesday, May 24, 2006

cd13 update

Very, very tired. So tired, I can hardly think/see straight. Max hasn’t really been sleeping that great. I just keep remembering my mothers day present - 6 am. That is the last time I have seen that number on the clock upon wake up. Not to mention, not being able to fall asleep due to the stims. This morning, the wake up call came at 3:x5, with x being either a 4 or 5. It is a tad foggy.

Saw my RE today. I really do like that guy. He said it was my call to either trigger tonight for a Friday IUI or stim one more night, trigger tomorrow night, for a Saturday 10 am IUI (assuming I don’t get an LH surge). I’m going for another night of stims. My lead follicle was 22 today and the next closest was 15. If I stim another day, the lead should be about 24 and the smaller about 16 ish, which is the exact combo I had on the day of trigger I had on the cycle I got pregnant with Max. I guess if I can’t have volume, I can at least try to make conditions as close to what once worked. The odds aren’t great, but better than none.

I’m feeling a tad better about the “poor responder” label. It isn’t as if I didn’t KNOW I had a poor response based on my FSH and quantity of drugs, but it just stung to hear it out loud. Plus, I am too tired to care much at this point.

Max is out swimming with his nanna right now. Let Naomi go early. My mom was thrilled. I think Naomi was equally happy with the situation.

We are going to do a low key dinner tonight.

My son is so incredible. Yesterday, he was crawling around the living room and was trying to open the door of the entertainment unit. He was getting frustrated because he couldn’t get the door open, because he was in the way. I could see his little mind spinning and trying to figure it out. He moved out of the way and the door flew open. He turned to look at me with the biggest smile. He was so proud of himself for figuring it out and I was cheering him on. I just can’t believe how quickly he is growing and developing.

I think I wanted to say more, like what my RE said about moving to IVF and all that, but I am too tired. Maybe tomorrow or Friday. I’m spending the weekend with a friend (after the IUI). I am so looking forward to getting away and just relaxing a bit, as much as you can relax with a 9 month old who needs supervision, attention, and cuddles.

No comments: