Wednesday, May 10, 2006

B #2 – Brush

No. Max doesn’t have any teeth yet. Yes. Naomi and I have been thinking he has been getting them since he was 3 months old and he is now almost 9 months (where has the time gone?) and still no teeth. Not a one. This does not stop be from getting him used to the idea that brushing his teeth is part of the bed time routine. Okay, the truth of the matter is that I need something to distract the guy in hopes that he will stay still long enough to get his diaper on him after his bath and having him hold and chew on a tooth brush or two does the trick most of the time. I got a “dr” set as a baby gift from a friend that included in all kinds of neat things like a thermometer, a nose suction, medicine syringe, brush, comb, AND three different type of tooth brushes. One actually has bristle. Another is flat with little nubs. The third is round with bigger nubs. I think it actually feels good to him and his gums. And, it is never too early to start the training. I have actually started singing the “Brush, Brush, Brush, get all the ickies out” song to him. The song I made up for my nieces when they were wee lads, because even then I had to make up words and tunes since I could remember any official ones. Of course, I have been singing it in the morning when I am brushing my teeth [side note: no gagging this morning] instead of when he is brushing his teeth. I will have to remember to do that. Max looks at me with interest and fascination as I brush singing with the toothpaste and brush in my mouth foaming and dripping toothpaste. He is probably trying to figure out what his crazy mom is talking about now.


Brush, Brush Brush


Get all the ickies off


Yes, Max will


Look, I can brush AND crawl


Okay, forget the brushing. Time to move on.


Update on me: Started taking more progesterone. It is making me very, very tired. All I can think about is how much I want to take a nap. So many things I could and should be doing. I just have no energy and interest in doing them at the moment. I am sure that getting home/staying up late (my fault) and getting up early (all Max’s idea) isn’t helping.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I just have to remind you once again, lest you forget, that you have one very cute kid! :)