Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's 6:10 pm

It's 6:10 pm Sunday night. Do you know where your children are? Mine are asleep, asleep, asleep. We rally'd and made it to church, the 9 am service which meant the twins only got 1 nap, not 2 today. I've tried the 11 am, but...it just doesn't seem to work as well as skipping a nap. N can hang no problem. R starts loosing it towards the end. Max had lots of swimming in the pool today and he's out as well. I could do the dishes, but...I'm not gonna and you can't make me. I was caught up except for dinner so it isn't too bad. Still, it was a busy hands on day and the Sunday sitter cancelled so I'm going to pump, take a quick shower, then cuddle in bed with a book. Or, chat with my cousin who should be back by then from house hunting in San Deigo and will be here until Wednesday, then back early August with all their earthly posessions. It was such a nice weekend. With the big leverage of wanting to go swim in the big pool, Max was on his best behavior and that just makes all the difference in the world. Days and weekends like this are exactly what I imagined and wanted when I dreamed of my family.

1 comment:

Care said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend, in all. Swimming always seems to help wear out my three - they go to bed so much easier when they are tuckered out. Hope you have lots more of these nice weekends ahead of you.