Thursday, November 13, 2008

Time vs. Money

Here I sit once again, pumping. It sure gets old fast, but I've made it past the 5 month mark. I'm going for gold...at least a year. Sometimes, I'm not sure if I make it. Then, I think about the cost involved in buying formula on top of everything else and I know I can suck it up and motivate myself for a bit more. I'd like to say that it is because I just want the best for my babies and how much better breast milk and all that and that is all true. But, formula is so easy. I'm not having to supplement much. I've actually been able to freeze some again and some nights don't even need to supplement at all. Today, R got 4 oz of formula. Last night, N got one bottle of formula. Then, it had been 2 - 3 days since I'd needed to reach into the formula canister. As it is, this huge, expensive canister of formula that I got at Costco seems to be going very fast. I shudder to think how fast it would go if I had both babies using formula full time. That motivates me really fast to put in my time at the pump. What can I say, I'm frugal at heart on most things. I'd rather my money go to something else, especially since my supply is good and it IS good for the babes.

1 comment:

Laura in L.A. said...

Deb, I am so impressed by your tenacity in keeping up with the pumping! Most moms of a three-year-old and infant twins would not do it, I don't think. But they don't have your iron will. :):)

Love, Laura