Monday, March 24, 2008

Starting to get it

Max seems to be getting the fact that I'm pregnant. Or, rather, that he is going to have a brother and sister. He's not all the way there yet, but he's processing it.

Noemi told me that Max told his swim teacher today that he had a brother and a sister. At dinner tonight, he wanted to know where they were. I explained they were growing in my uterus which was in my tummy along with my stomach. After his bath, I showed him the u/s picture from my last visit. He studied it pretty intently for about 5 minutes while I explained, again, from dinner that they were in my uterus which was in my tummy. He kept saying "that's my brother" and pointing to baby A and "that's my sister" pointing to baby B after I showed him. He said he wanted them to come out and asked if they came out of my belly button. I explained that they would either come out of my vagina or the doctor would make a small cut and take them out of my uterus around here. He wanted to know where the "gina" was. And, I didn't show him, but reminded him that boys have penises and girls have vaginas (we've already covered that a several times by now). I also explained that the babies were still growing inside and wouldn't come out until they were big enough and we said and counted the months until August. We talked about how when they came out they would be babies (to which he got a big smile on his face) and that they would then come and live with us and be a part of our family. He repeated back a lot of what I was telling him to me. Then, he wanted to take a picture of them. I explained that the pictures when the babies were inside could only be taken with a very special camera by the doctor. He thought about that for a minute, then started singing the Wiggles song "no more joey's jumping on the bed" song, which led to "no more alligators jumping on the bed", which led to him wanting to what Little Einsteins Golden Pyramid which has alligators in it. And, that was that. He did bring it up a time or two again about having a brother and sister. Hmmm, how the mind works is incredible.

No comments: