Saturday, March 08, 2008

Labels

I took time off work this week to finally attend one of Max's OT appointments. It went fine. It was good to see what goes on and talk to the therapist. She says that he is doing great and may not need services after he turns three (when it moves over to the school district). Max seems to really like it and have fun. When we first got there and were walking back to the OT room, the therapist said something like "Max, you brought your mom today". Then, asked him "whose this? who did you bring today?" He looked from her to me a few times and I could see his head spinning trying to understand what she was asking since she already stated that she knew I was his mom. After a moment, he said "The cuddler". She's the cuddler." I gave him a big smile and told him how much I liked that.

Today, we got together with some single mom friends at a park. K, who is a few months younger than Max, and Max had a wonderful time playing with each other. Calling each other over to play on different parts of the play structure together and such. K knows my name and calls me by it frequently and even today while I was sitting at he picnic table. However, when we were off playing, I was "Max's Mommy". It was so cute.

Normally, I'm not a huge fan of labels. For instance, Big Fat Cow and Bitch are two I can do without. But, I have to tell you that I kind of liked both the cuddler and Max's mommy ones. Okay, who am I trying to kid. I liked them a lot.

On other news, the "M" key is no more on the laptop. Sigh. A hazard I expected at some point since I do let Max often play with the computer, but one I was hoping to avoid for a bit longer. Probably, I won't get it fixed since the laptop was so inexpensive anyway, but we will see.

Also, no more big bleeds. I'm still spotting and tired, but overall starting to feel better than I have in awhile. I still occassionally puke, but not nearly as often, especially if I avoid food from 3 pm - 8 pm ish no matter how hungry I think I might be.

Other than that, spending some time reading some mind candy novels and trying to get caught up on paperwork and bill type items.

No comments: