Sunday, July 29, 2007

Updated Bio

One of the things I did last night when not sleeping was draft a new bio for Nikki. The person who is "sponsoring" her and looking for a forever home for Nikki liked it so well, she posted it to the web page with no changes already this morning. Not bad for late night ramblings. Barbara, the sponsor, had mentioned yesterday that she was thinking of re-writing it. As I do with blog entries sometimes, I found myself writing it in my head.

Here it is....

Not only is Nikki man’s best friend, but also woman’s, child’s, cat’s and dog’s. She would be a great addition to any family. She is 10 years young with a heart of gold and very friendly. When she sees a tennis ball, she’ll try to talk you into a short game of keep away with a gleam in her eye and a smile on her face. She walks great on leash -- in a perfect heel on a brisk walk and patient at a slower pace with an older dog and young child. She is housebroken, although hasn’t been trained to use a doggy door. Her fur may be short (now), but she is long on love. She is a great companion. She is happy to take whatever love and attention you can give her or lay near you while you go about your day. If you are a dog loving family ready for a new addition, please email Barbara at babyxxxx@aol.com. Please be sure to include your last name and where you live.

19 minutes and counting to nap time. I'm ready. Max had better be as well, because I am tired. He's already had two no nap days to balance out the extra long ones from last week. I'm ready for stabilization and our regularly scheduled sleeps. Although, he is not the reason I am tired and didn't sleep well last night. Sadly, very rarely (or probably not so sad really) is my lack of sleep a result of Max.

16 minutes until nap. Better go start setting the stage.

No comments: