Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Catchup and Pear Juice

Catchup and Pear Juice. MMMMMM MMMMMMM. Yes, that is what Max ate for breakfast today. No, this is not, exactly, what he was served, it is just what he ate from that which he was served. Okay, to be fair, I think he also ate 3 slices of pare before just drinking the juice and asking for more.

The scene....

I open the fridge to pull out stuff for Max's breakfast. I was going from something quick and simple since I stayed up late reading...you know...Harry Potter. As soon as the fridge door opened. Max climbed in and pulled out the bottle of catchup and took it to the table. I made him a plate of turkey and tortilla and cream cheese with a side bowl of pares. He added the catchup (with a little help).

Oh well, I decided early on that I wasn't going to have food battles with Max. All I can do is serve him well balanced meals most of the time, what he chooses to eat he chooses to eat.

But, I did have to laugh at the combination...yuck....both from a taste perspective for breakfast and as lots of catchup and juice ended up all over him. He was using his fingers to eat the catchup and drinking from the bowl (good practice, he doesn't quite have it mastered yet, but is getting better) so some ended up down his front and on his legs.

I ate some crab pasta salad that I made last night from a recipe from a party I attended this weekend. Yum Yum. Way better than catchup and pear juice for breakfast.

So, what did you eat for breakfast?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...I had farmer's market stuff: boiled eggs and tomato...so good!

Kids definitely have very distinctive taste and it's so different from adult's. In fact, only now I started enjoying foods that my parents liked when they were my (current) age. Egg's yolk in an apt example.

Best:-)
Nina