Monday, July 23, 2007

Careful

Careful. That's what Max said this evening as he jumped off the rocking chair in his room and hurled himself at me as I was reading him a book before bed. Thank goodness, I turned to look over my shoulder at why he said that and was able to turn a bit so he landed over my shoulder and I could catch him. The good news is that he has been much more interested in books before bed. I think he has finally figured out what a good stall tactic that is to delay bedtime a bit and he hasn't been as tired before bed as he slept an hour late today and took another 4 hour nap. Can anyone say growth spurt?

This is the same boy who a bit earlier called "mommy" to get my attention, looked me straight in the eye and burped with a smile on his face and when I reminded him he should say excuse me when he burps just laughed.

During a boring work meeting today, on a whim, I did a search on the new Harry Potter book in the Los Angeles Public Library and they had a copy at a branch near me. Actually, they had 4 copies available when I looked and were down to one by the time the meeting ended when I called to double check availability. But, they were able to hold it for me and I rushed out. So, I have less than 7 days to get the book read and returned since it is so in demand. If I'm not around, you will no where I am spending my free time.

And, remember, ....careful. Ha ha. Yes, he has heard that word quite a bit in fact.

No comments: