Friday, July 27, 2007

And, here's your sign...(edited)

I got a lot of things done today, very little of it work that I get paid to do.

You should have seen Max's eyes and face light up when he walked in and saw his train table in the middle of the family room floor. I got a few pictures and tried to do some video, but drat the battery was dead and is now charging. You will have to imagine the sound affects..choo, choo train...CHOO CHOO...railro tracks train. I would only be slightly exaggerating if I said it took up half my family room. I put out a few trains, but am going to save the bulk of them to wrap and give him on his birthday. He has done nothing but play and explore the table since he walked in. I am so, so glad that I splurged and got him this. Now, I just have to make space for it someplace. I ended up getting it today and good thing I did, because I had to take out Max's car seat to get it to fit. Yeah momma!






Notice how he is checking it out from all sides and angles?

I decided to move sperm today as I was down to one vial at the clinic and to go in for an u/s to see what is growing. Today is cd10. I really struggled with whether to go in or not, but thought that waiting until Monday might be too late. So, I called around 10 and made an appointment for early this afternoon, called the sperm bank to see if I could use their tank, called the lady selling me the train to see if I could come today and headed out.

Tell, me, would any of these be a sign that you have been going to your clinic too long?

a) When the medical director sees you added to the schedule, he surprises you by coming in and doing your u/s.
b) You tell him, that you want to trade out his "wand" for one like Harry Potters and when he's in there he should shoot some magic up there because you are tired of dismal results and it can only help.
c) When we agree you need to come back in Monday, he and the nurse tell just to come on in any time and they will fit you in.
d) When you are in visiting with the office manager/financial coordinator and receptionist about your u/s results, they tell you they don't want more money from you they want you pregnant.
e) all of the above.

Very nice visit. Very nice day.

And, you will never believe this. I have a total of 4 follicles -- 3 on the left and 1 on the right. This is a completely unmedicated cycle. When we saw the follicle on the right and I told him that my right ovary has produced a follicle since October 2004, he took a picture of it for me. The right was about 9.5 and likely won't make it. Two of the follicles on the left were 13 and there was a smaller one at 7 something. Can you just believe that? This is the most activity my ovaries have done in years when taking meds back when my body used to somewhat respond to them. My lining wasn't that great at 7 something, but it has a week to catch up so should be fine. So, back on Monday to see how things are progressing and when to trigger. Now, the odds are that the eggs are crap, but still I'm just thrilled with them. Hey, it is more than zero and more than one. Best u/s I have had in forever.

While I was doing all this and playing hooky from work, my boss only called me 3 - 4 times to talk about a salary increase for one of my employees and by the time I got back, he was already gone for the day/week as he is on Eastern time. Sigh. I should have told him I would be out and to call me on my cell, but most of the time no one misses me. Oh well, I updated the tool and will talk to him on Monday. It will be fine.

All worth it. Maybe this is a sign that my luck is about to change? Could this be my magic cycle?

ETA: My son is hilarious. He asked me what every part of the train set was. What's this? That's the train tracks. What's this? That's the bridge. What's this? That's the crane. What's this? That's the windmill and they white part spins. What's this? That's where the trains rest and go night night. And, I just noticed that he put all the trains I put out, including the helicopter in the little building "to bed" ... on their sides so they are lying down...to sleep. LOL. Oh, he does amuse me.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I can't sleep tonight so it seemed a perfect time to catch up with you. :) OMG, I can not believe Max is almost two!?! He is just adorable as ever, Debbie, and I love the new (LOL, I think it has actually been up for a while but I don't think I have commented on it) profile picture of the two of you.

I hope that this cycle is it for you...it sounds very promising! :) Looking forward to an update tomorrow. :)