Monday, September 25, 2006

The Surgeon

I met with the surgeon today about my gallbladder removal. It went well. I liked the guy. He was just a tad cocky, but I rather like that in a surgeon. I’d rather have one confident and sure of himself than not, KWIM? His stats are very, very good. Exponentially better than the national average, like he has never had to make a larger incision and the national average is 1:200. There was something else that was 1:300 that he had never have happen either, but can’t remember what stat that was. I could probably find it online if I looked. Also, he has never had a person have to get admitted with this surgery due to complication. He said “no problem” when I told him I wanted Dr. N to take a look while I was “open” and then explained that I wouldn’t really be open and how it would be 4 little incisions (causing me to laugh and say, that I really did know that). He also mentioned that I could have my appendix taken out at the same time and that it only added a few minutes to the surgery. I’m going to think about it and do a bit of research, but I can’t think of any reason why I shouldn’t. He also said, it should be no problem having the surgery the week of Oct. 9th when my cousin is here and I have vacation scheduled. All in all a good appointment. And, even though I left late from the appointment, I hit no real traffic and made it home at least 15 minutes before Niomi was scheduled to leave, although she had said it was no problem if I was late.

No comments: