Sunday, September 24, 2006

Great Getaway

Max and I had a wonderful weekend away with a group of SMC’s. Five terrific women with 5 terrific kids. It really was the perfect outing after the work stress and ttc obstacles every time I turn around of late. The only thing that would have made it better was if Max slept a bit more and was a little less crabby. He wasn’t terrible, but was a little off. We left at his nap time and he slept almost the whole way home. This gave us the afternoon home to get unpacked and get groceries and get ready for another week. It was like his toys were new after not seeing them for two days. :)

My heart and prayers have gone out to my friend Heather who lost her dog Daphne this past week from Cancer. Heather and I met through our dogs about 8 years ago. I had a whole blog written about it in my head, but was working late every night last week after Max went to bed so didn’t have the time. Suffice it to say that her two dogs and my two dogs were very similar. She and I both have lost our younger dog to cancer this year. I know how hard a loss this is. When we talked about it, she made an interesting comment that has stuck with me that Daphne was the last dog that would ever really be “hers” because any future pets would be more of the kids dogs. I see her point and feel her sadness. Nothing like doggie love. Nothing. Her Daphne was like my Lucky and I can still get teary eyed at the oddest times like when I see a lost Frisbee at the park because Frisbee’s were one of her all time favorite toys, especially when she was a puppy, and Lucky have been gone almost 6 months now. :(

My heart and prayers also go out to a friend of the friend that hosted us this weekend who was seriously injured in a boogie boarding accident (broke his neck) and died last week. It was a freak accident that just shows up precious life is and how quickly it can be gone. It is another reminder that I need to get my paperwork (trust and living will) in order soon. I have been saying that since before Max was born. I need to just do it. :(

Speaking of 6 months, it has been 6 months now since I started trying for a second child. It is taking its toll. The weekend away did wonders to help lighten my mood and just relax with women who get it. Three of the five of us are tying, so far unsuccessfully, for a second child.
:( ---> :)

I meet with the surgeon tomorrow about my gallstones and just remember that I have not yet filled out the paper work (hmmm, where IS that paper work?) and didn’t shower yet today and I need to load the dishwasher. Ah, life. I’m very tired, but in a good way. As opposed to the stressed out, over worked high strung tired I was last week before the weekend get away. Ah, the difference a few days away with friends can make.

No comments: