Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Holy Crap! (aka Max – The Climber)

Remember me saying that Max was climbing before he was walking? That I really need to watch him every second? Well, I turned my back on him for about 30 seconds while I filled up a bucket of Biz to soak his clothes from this morning (played in a mud puddle at the park) and where do I find him? On the top rung of the ladder (a tall one) I have in my guest room (think vaulted ceiling) from replacing the battery in a fire detector. The ladder was left in there/up because I can’t get the stupid cover back on. Yes, the very top. Very pleased with himself I might add and not caring a wit about the fright he gave me. Yes, I know the ladder should have been put away, but ….my excuse is that I have been keeping the door to that room closed. I guess it didn’t get closed yesterday after the cleaning person was here. I really don’t think I am a negligent mom, but sometimes I sure feel that way. I guess the good thing is that it all ended well and that he really is a very good climber. Ah, this dare devil kid of mine. Ladders at 13 months. I think this does not bode well for the future. Instead of some nice sport like track or baseball or basketball or even football, he is probably going to be interested in some off the wall extreme sport or something and things like this are just to get me prepared.

No comments: