Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lobulated

What does lobulated mean?

According to my RE, “It means bumpy.”

Why do I care?

When I picked up my medical records from the CT Scan it said "The uterus is slightly lobulated, perhaps related to fibroids".

When I asked my RE what it meant, he said “It means bumpy. Most commonly, fibroids can cause this. You do have small (<2 cm) fibroids on your uterus, but I would not remove these as they can cause more problems such as scarring on the uterus.”

And, this is how I found out, just today, that I have fibroids again. The news keeps getting better and better. I had what was thought to be two small fibroids (but, turned out to be 5 small fibroids) removed in August 2004 after my first m/c because recent studies were showing that small fibroids could cause m/c in up to 50% of the time. And then, I conceived and carried Max to term. Most likely, my recent m/c (and who knows probably my first one as well) was caused by bad egg quality and not fibroids. I just felt so much better having them removed and could have sworn that I was told I had no fibroids or polyps after my fluid u/s done before I started down this T42 path. Maybe I just heard what I wanted to hear. Maybe Dr. N thought it was so insignificant that he didn’t mention it. Maybe Dr. N knew that I would be upset by this news and decided to let me live in blissful ignorance for awhile. Maybe there weren’t there then, but are now. I have the report from my fluid u/s and while I can’t really read most of what it says (I think Dr.’s have terrible penmanship and use obscure abbreviations for a reason), I am almost positive that it doesn’t say anything about fibroids on it.

This news makes me want to cry all over again. This whole T42 thing just seems so hopeless right now.

No comments: