Monday, September 25, 2006

Reason #1027

I came up with reason #1027 this weekend on why I am still single. I’d tell you what it is, but I have forgotten. I’m sure that is why the number of reasons is so high. LOL. Just kidding, I do remember, vaguely. Hey, I was drinking wine at the time and I haven’t done that in forever. It had to do with how it is still very hard for me having Niomi in my house every day touching my stuff, especially stuff in my bedroom. I mean I tolerate it, but it still bugs me, sometimes more than others. You’d think since it has been almost a year, that I would get used to it. I was telling my SMC friends how Niomi has this thing with expiration dates.* Last week, she was telling me that the milk was expired since the date on the carton was that day. I told her to use it anyway since that was a sell by date and it would be good for a few more days. Then, she goes in my room and hands me the condoms that were in my panty drawer and tells me that they expired in 2001. I agreed that they should be thrown out. Sigh. I don’t really like anyone touching my sheets or my towels, but – come on – my panty drawer? My condoms? Sigh. Her heart really is in the right place. I know this is my issue (ID as #1027). However, if I ever do need to get another nanny for some reasons, I think I am going to specify up front that my room is off limits unless specifically requested for some specific action.

* Probably, this is a good balance for me that clearly doesn’t pay enough attention to expiration dates and consciously used expired meds for my last cycle. I’m sure my lackadaisical attitude for them drives her just as crazy as her touching my stuff does me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol Deb
I think I side with Niomi on this one about milk and expiration dates - can ya tell I work in public health?!?!?! lol

Anonymous said...

oops forgot to say it was kate who wrote that above!