Monday, July 17, 2006

Unexpected Package

A pickup just pulled up and dropped of an unexpected package. Lucky’s ashes in her memorial rock. It was like a kick in the gut. God, I still miss her so much. I’ve been doing well and coming to terms and hardly ever cry anymore. I wish she were still a part of my life. Yes, life is much easier without her cause she was a demanding and high maintenance dog. I thought I was ready for this and finally got around to faxing her memorial wording a few weeks ago, but I hadn’t heard back to make sure they really received it. I vaguely thought that at some point I should follow up, but…

The memorial is nice, a black rock with a goldish plaque. I think I posted it before, but I went with:


Lucky

A zest for life
A friend like no other
A special bond forever.

I’ll be fine. Just wasn’t expecting it.

I’ll go find a special place in the garden this evening.

No comments: