Wednesday, July 05, 2006

If it’s not one thing…

If it’s not one thing, it is another.

We had a GREAT 4th. Max took two long naps for a change and loved the party. He crawled and crawled and crawled to his hearts content. He stayed awake for the fireworks and watched in wide eyed wonder. At one point, it got a bit loud and he turned and nestled in, but couldn’t help turning his head to continue to watch. He’d hate to miss anything. LOL. He fell asleep as soon as I got him in is car seat. He stayed asleep when we got home and I transferred him into the stroller and walked the dog and then again when I transferred him from the stroller to the crib. Even though there were supposed to be a lot of people there, and there were, it didn’t seem crowded and nothing was rushed. It was just very relaxing and pleasant. Feeling a bit tired though, I didn’t get to bed until after midnight and woke up at 4:30 am and never fell back asleep. Max woke up at 5 am and that was that.

I got an email from one of the nurses at my clinic today telling me the results from the mandatory testing for my IVF cycle came back and that I was reactive to HTLV 1/2, but she didn’t know what that meant and to ask my RE tomorrow when she thought I was going to be in the office to review my calendar with the nurse coordinator, but we are doing a phone review instead so I emailed him. He said the office was closed so he couldn’t get the results tonight, but that he would email a detailed explanation tomorrow… “Suffice it to say that HTLV1 and 2 infections are almost always clinically insignificant. They don’t cause any symptoms. Very very rarely, the are associated with a specific type of leukemia. The reason the Federal government requires us to test for it is more historical than scientific.” A quick internet search told me why he responded as such because words like HIV, Cancer, and Blood come up at the top of all the searches.

So, I’m trying not to worry and get myself worked up. It would probably be a tad easier if I were more rested and not as short on sleep.

I’m just thinking, if it isn’t one thing, it is another. If I were the kind of person that let difficult situations keep me down, I would be in one world of hurt right now with the m/c, Max’s breathing incident, and now this test result.

I’m just telling myself the same thing that I do when spotting/cramping and praying it isn’t a m/c….that it isn’t good, but it doesn’t have to be really bad.

ps. I didn't work today and got a lot of things done (but, not the fountain, long story that I don’t' have the energy to tell right now) and went to the movies and an early dinner with my mom. It actually felt like a vacation day, unlike the day I took off a few weeks ago when going in for a beta, missed the movie, and an acu appointment.

No comments: