Monday, July 10, 2006

School Troubles

Looking ahead to when Max is in pre-school, here is my prediction for the top three reasons Max will be getting into trouble.

Reason #3 - Willful Disobedience. Looking the teacher straight in the eye with a smile on his face and doing what he wants and was just asked not to do. He is slowly learning to leave the dog food and water bowl alone, when the mood strikes him. However, he will also crawl over to it with his hand just above it looking at it waiting for me to say….AAAAH, AHH, AHH, AHH. Don’t play with Shadow’s Water Bowl or you will get put back on the other side of baby jail. He liked the AAAAH, AHH, AHH a bit too much so I had to stop that. He would look at me with a smile and do it anyway just to get the reaction. Less and less is he then actually touching the bowl prompting me to pick him up and move him to the other side of the “fence” telling him that he was being put over here because he touched Shadow’s water bowl and didn’t listen to momma. He is not phased by this. Now, if you open the fridge or the door and close it before he can get there or get out (he makes a mad crawling dash as fast as he can and will cry when he just isn’t quick enough and the door is closed). Very funny and very cute.

Reason #2 – Inappropriate Affection. Giving hugs and kisses all the time.  He will hug and kiss pretty much anyone he likes be it me or Naomi or the kids at the park or Shadow. He would hug City Boy if he could catch him and makes due with kissing a picture of the cat in one of our books. He was giving my friends son a from behind hug the other day when there were visiting (who is only weeks older than Max) knocking them both over in the process. Naomi bought Max a Winnie the Poo Bear last week and when Max saw it, he just hugged it and hugged it and hugged it. It made Naomi so happy to see how much he obviously loved it. He now will fall asleep hugging Poo or the cat or the bunny or the blanket in his crib.

Reason #1 – Pulling Hair. He loves to touch and feel and pull hair. My hair. His hair. Naomi’s hair. Shadow’s hair. He has even managed to get his hands on City Boy’s hair a few times. I think he must just love the feel and the texture.

We will see if he outgrows these things as he grows or if this is just an innate part of his personality and if he learns to control his impulses. God, he is just such a cute, sweet, boy.


Deb and Max at the Pool Party Last Saturday. *

* This was supposed to be just a head shot. Sigh. Was weighed today at the OB's office today when I went in for my "cultures" and pap in prep for my IVF cycle and I am almost 10 lbs heavier than I was when I got preg. with Max and about 20 lbs heavier than I was when I stopped breast feeding. Big sigh. I was so motivated after seing my weight on the scale that I only ate 3 cookies after dinner tonight.

No comments: