Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Cycle Update

Not that I am THAT far into the cycle, but …just took the last BCP. Been on Dex since Saturday. Forgot to take it this morning. Great! That should have me nice and wired tonight.

Mood = STRESSED

Not because of the cycle. Mostly because I have to fly out of town tomorrow for a funeral of a family friend and it has taken a lot logistically to get it set up and arraigned. They wanted me to come and stay a few days with Max, but I just couldn’t swing it without even being more stressed. Especially, with the cycle that no one knows I am doing.

I also feel like I am hemorrhaging money all of a sudden between the cycle, over 1K in plumbing cost in the last week, replacing the roof on my mom’s house/mobile home (which is long over due, but she finally got estimates for me), and this trip which all told will cost about $500 for one day.

Naomi has agreed to come early and stay late. In fact, she is just going to stay the night so she can go to sleep after she puts Max down since I won’t get home until at least 10:30 or 11 pm. I have to say I like Naomi more and more every day. Yesterday, when she came home from the park, she brought Max right in and started crying and saying that she is so careful and how sorry she was. I could see he was fine, so I wasn’t upset. He got a scrape under his chin. I’m not sure EXACTLY what happened, something about playing in the sand and he either slammed his chin down on something or brought a toy up and scraped his chin. I didn’t belabor the point since she was so clearly upset over it. I gave her a hug and told her that it was okay that he is going to get bumps and bruises along the way. She told me how much she loves my son and how sorry she was. The whole thing just reaffirmed to me that I have the right person watching out for Max.

Not only am I stressed for my own stuff, but my cousin and her family are going to England this year for 2 weeks instead of coming here to visit Jim’s sister who is working there for a few years. There flight was today and they had a flight from Detroit to NY on Delta connecting with a flight at NY to London. However, there Delta flight was delayed. I have been on and off the phone with them, and the airlines, and looking things up on the computer about what there options are. They finally arrived in NY, but if the computer and phone system are right, their connection was delayed, but not enough for them to make it. Nothing like tons of travel hassles at the beginning of a trip. So, not only am I stressed for them for having to go through this, but it also ate a few hours out of my day I didn’t have today.

My mom is here staying the night and I was totally crabby to her after I got Max down because I was trying to get things done and she kept talking to me and asking me questions and I couldn’t hear her cause the water would be on or I would be in the other room and I kept having to say “What? What? What did you say?” I am rudely ignoring her so I can just have a bit of time to unwind and not having to interact with anyone. All I could thin is that I am SO glad I am not married or living with anyone else that I have to talk to every night if I don’t want to. I told her I had to get stuff done on the computer that I hadn’t had a chance to earlier, which is sort of true. Plus, I will basically spending all day with her (although she is staying a few days and driving back with one of my sisters).

Anyway, back to the cycle. I got the “cultures” done on Monday, but don’t have the results back yet. I dropped off blood this afternoon for the HTLV 1/2 Western Blot Test. This is the “confirmation” test for the antibody test I took a few weeks ago. No one but me seems to be at all concerned that the test came back “reactive”, but my RE did agree to let me take this additional test since he said the false positive rate on the other one can be up to 15%. I sure hope it comes back normal.

I had to cancel my chiropractor appointment for tomorrow due to the travel, but I do have an acupuncture appointment on Friday. Then, Tuesday is my baseline and I hopefully start stims.

I think I can go back and be civil to my mom for a little bit before I plead exhaustion (which really isn’t all that true since I just took the Dex I forgot this morning), but I should be exhausted since I woke up at 3 am and never really went back to sleep.

The other night when I was getting ready for bed, I saw two big black ugly looking spiders in my room, one in the right corner and the other in the left corner both closest to my bed. I was able to kill off one of them, but the other has successfully evaded me for days. He is on the side that has my tall dresser and the sliding door and he keeps dropping behind there and I can’t find him to kill him. Every time I wake up I turn on the light to see if I can find him. I know he is still there. Not only do I dislike spiders on principle (I can tolerate the big daddy long legged kind, especially if they eat the flies and mosquitoes, but the rest have go to go), but I have a really, really bad reaction to spider bites. They swell up huge and hurt and itch for days. I don’t like them. Not at all. I used to do my own spider and ant pesticide routine until I started ttc and got pregnant with Max. Now, I have a monthly service and I have called them out 3 times this month the spiders and ants have been so bad. Really, I should let them spray inside as well, but I don’t the idea of the poison being sprayed inside and we would have to leave for at least 3 hours afterward, which I am really not able to do. So, I keep vigilant watch for any such critters that dare to enter the premises. I may be cohabitating with this spider for the last few days, but I don’t like it and am keeping a watchful eye of for him.

Yes, right. Off to be social with my mom. Okay, social is pushing it. I’ll work on as civil as possible.

No comments: