Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July

Max is taking an extra long nap -- 2 hrs 45 min. and counting. I am itching to go peek in on him to make sure he is still alive and breathing, especially after the incident the other day. However, he has had a busy few days and we are going to a party tonight and will be out late so I am going to hold off until either noon or I finish this blog unless he wakes up first. I thought the phone just ringing might have woken him, but don’t hear him so maybe not. Since I only planned on his usual 60-90 min. nap, I have gotten more than what I had wanted done, but still could do more instead of playing on the computer.

I’m going to a big party tonight. It should be a grand time. I realized it has been years and years and years, like at least 8 since I have done anything on the 4th. It was my Lucky’s least favorite holiday in the year with New Years being a close second. The fireworks and popping noises really freaked her out. She would try to hide. If someone let of a firecracker when we were doing our evening walk, she would put her tail between her legs and try to hide under a car. She would try to get as close to me as possible and her favorite place was sitting on my head. Because of the stress and anxiety it caused her, I stayed close to home. One year, I went to a BBQ, but my mom and sister were here with Lucky. She got so scared she hid in the fireplace and came out black (and she had white fur). Anyway, as great a time I am having this weekend. I’m a bit sad inside and missing my Lucky.

Okay, Max is awake and chattering. Got to go.

Happy 4th!

No comments: