Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Wednesday’s Suck

I have decided that my current Wednesday work schedule just plain sucks. I am in meetings back to back from 9 am – noon with a short break (as long as the last meeting doesn’t run late) to return phone calls, respond to emails, pee, and maybe get some lunch. Maybe. Then, I go into a few more hours of meetings. I was in 7 hours of meetings today and trying to multi-task to get other things done and work emails responded to during the meetings. My brain is like mush after that. I had to work a bit late to get some stuff out the door while listening to my mom whine about hurrying up so we could go out to eat. In the meantime, Lucky had a massive vomit attack where she just puked her guts up for about 30 min. She started shaking and seemed like she couldn’t breathe for a bit. I was trying to clean that up before she reclaimed it and hurled it up again, comfort her and calm her down, and be one the phone from work. I did manage to get a call into the vet, but didn’t get to talk to her. I called back before I left for dinner and was told she wasn’t there and wouldn’t be back until Monday. But, had a message from her with 5 min. of when I left. I talked to another vet in the office who was clueless. Lucky seems better now so I’m not going to worry about it for now. I needed to talk to the vet about the bladder infection I had her into the reg. vet for on Sat. Turns out it isn’t a bladder infection but some crystals and something else was seen in the urine. Reg. vet said talk to Oncologist. Oncologist now gone. The antibiotics she has been on since Sat. seems to be helping so I have continued them. Will call Reg. vet tomorrow and tell her what happened today and get advice. Probably, just wait until Oncologist is back on Monday unless something bad happens between now and then. It was hotter than hell today (or so it seemed). It was 103 at 5:30ish when I left for dinner with mom and had cooled to 97 by the time I got home. I have the A/C cranked still. I usually turn it off at night, but don’t think I will tonight. Wednesday’s in general suck. This one seemed to suck even more with Lucky being so sick and it being so hot. I have most of the vomit cleaned up except for the nice 3 patches in the baby’s room. After that, she either needed mommy comfort or wanted me to at least know which dog was getting sick and stuck to my side and puked right in front of me for the rest of them and I tried to clean them up as they went along. I have never seen her so sick. Yes, it was a fun day.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

OH...poor Lucky! Sounds like she is having such a rough rough time. I hope that everything is OK.