Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Off Bed Rest

I have officially been off bed rest for a few days now. However, after all my complaining, I think I got too used to it. On Sunday, I got up and took the dogs for a short easy shaded walk and then watered my back yard (my container rose tree’s are about dead with all this heat and lack of water). I had to come in and take a nap. Seriously.

Not much new. Started reading the new Harry Potter book. Finished a book called #1 Women’s Detective Agency over the weekend. Worked yesterday (sort of). Working today (sort of). Wish I were already off work AND not on bed rest. I guess I am getting greedy.

Shadow, my older dog has really been limping the last day or two since I got off bed rest. She is 15 and I think that my change in schedule and being on bed rest really affected her as well. After a few days of more regular walking and two different kinds of pain medicine she is doing better and getting back toned up. No matter what anyone says, I know that this regular walking is good for us all. My cousin has been going with. She completely agrees that I have sufficiently toned down the difficulty to an appropriate level and pace of us all.

I really wish I could go take a nap, but I have a work meeting in an hour so not enough time. I get to see my favorite Dr. Dan late this afternoon. Yeah, for that.

I guess I am just in a tired, quiet, mode. Plus, the house is full with company so I haven’t had much time on the computer.

All is well. Just think I got extra lazy after lying around for a few weeks and am still doing that as much as possible. Nothing seems that urgent or worth the effort right now. Not in a bad way, just in a …I’m really feeling 9 months pregnant right now and can’t believe I have 4 weeks left (or 3w4d, but whose counting?).

1 comment:

Katrina said...

How was the #1 women's detective agency? I have heard good things about those books (there is a series isn't there?).

I can't believe there are only 3w4d left!! Holy cow! It has gone by so quickly. :) There is your last week at work right?

Take care of you and that little one!:) He/she will be here before you know it!