Friday, July 15, 2005

Feeling more than a little sorry for myself

Morning 1 on bed rest: Woke up ready to get going like usual then remembered the bed rest jail sentence. Yesterday wasn’t so bad because I was tired and was pre-occupied. It is really, really hard to start today without getting out of the house and some fresh air. I know this is the best for the baby which is only why I am doing it. I know that I am blessed for getting this far in the pregnancy and having the opportunity to have a child. I am not much of a complainer (or at least try not to be), but today and the next week really are stretching long in front of me. I can’t help the tears streaming down my face. I am just not a bed rest kind of person. It makes me think I am addicted to the exercise. I know the stereotype of the overweight person is couch potatoes with bad eating habits and no exercise. While overweight, I am not that person.

I’m wondering if just keeping the weight off the pelvis is the entire goal or not. Maybe I could get in the pool and swim for about 20/30 min. a day? I have decided after only 30 min. of not following my normal routine (but, not really in bed either) that I am brave enough to ask my OB this even though she will probably think I am crazy. The worst she can say is “no”. I even if she does, I may go float for a bit each afternoon/evening just to be outside a bit. She DID say, reclining position, not sitting when I asked for clarification and floating in the pool does fit within that, although is pushing the edge I’m sure.

I understand the need. I am going to do the best I can. But, it is going to be a long, hard week for me. I really was thinking that I would make it through the entire pregnancy, at this point, with no major problems or bed rest. Silly, stupid me.

My cousin comes next Friday so I will have more help and distraction then. I guess this will be a good character building exercise for me this bed rest not getting morning exercise thing.

Drying my tears and moving to the spare bed room for the daytime part of my jail sentence now.

Part of my baby furniture is getting delivered today. I wonder what time? Too bad they aren’t open at 6:45 am so I can call and find out.

Did I mention that my shoulder is back to hurting again? It really is quite painful. I think it is being caused (or at least irritated by) my using the mouse on the computer as well. Normally, I would just deal with it. Today, it is just one more thing to feel sorry for myself about.

The dogs seem restless and ready to get out this morning as well. I talked to my regular vet yesterday since the oncologist is out of town. She said it could have been the antibiotic that we put Lucky on for the bladder infection that was causing the problem and to stop that to see if it stopped the nausea and vomiting. I think maybe that was it. That's good news. Shadow isn't quite as restless, but wondering what the deal is. She is leaving her hot spot alone as long as I put Aloe or Neosporin on it every now and again. I guess they will deal with the best rest thing along with me. I never heard back from my dog walker. I'm hoping he is able to come later this morning and just didn't call back because he didn't get the message until late. We will see.

Okay, Okay, enough stalling. Back to lay down now. As much as I really don’t want to.

No comments: