Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Bed Rest/Baby Update

I had a good night sleep last night after a lousy one the night before. I’m feeling much better and less emotional as a result.

I told work today that if I am given another week of bed rest tomorrow at my appointment I am going to go out on disability as of Monday. I have had to do a lot of typing the last day or two and it is talking it’s toll on my back and shoulders. Plus, logistically, it will be much more difficult with my cousin and her kids here because my “day” room is on the bed in the spare room that she will be using. I could take my laptop anywhere in the house, but my work phone is a land line that I can really only use in my office or in the room next to it. I have whole in the wall through the closet where I pulled a spare wire through when the house was being painted. I could go get a new wireless phone I guess, but that just seems like so much work.

Now that I know what it feels like, I am pretty sure that the baby has moved back into birth position with his head down between the hips and the pelvis. Drat, just in time for tomorrows appointment. He had moved out of that position (or at least that’s what it felt like) sometime on Friday or Saturday of last week. I’m wondering if I did a hand stand, I could get him to move again. LOL.

Bed Rest is going better than I thought. I’ve had a lot to occupy my time/thoughts. It is much easier to follow Dr.’s orders on day’s like today when I can feel the baby in position or on Sunday when I was having cramps.

This, I’m sure, falls under the category of TMI, but I am almost positive that Sunday’s cramping/irritated uterus issue was caused by a mostly unplanned “O” on Saturday night. I woke up around 12:30 from a very erotic dream that had me hot and bothered. I “O’’d before I remembered that probably wasn’t a good idea. Hey, I may be single, but I’m not dead sexually. I’m used to fairly regular “O”s and have lots of extra hormones right now. I’ve made a mental note not to forget again.

My ex-BF. My first and only true love. The one I thought I might marry some day way back in the day. The only one that I dated that is the closest to my ideal mate, if he didn’t have a few fatal flaws. Him. We are just friends these days, who occasionally choose to sleep together when he is visiting. Usually, this occurs when I am in the mood and tell him to be prepared to put out. Not that I am a ho or anything, but we’ve known each other for, gosh, almost 20 years now. It’s comfortable. We really like each other. I’m glad that we never did tie the knot, but he remains a good friend and we always have a wonderful time together. He lives a few states away these days. He’s coming into town middle of September. We have a date to play cards with another buddy of ours. It’s like a tradition. He promises to not be too loud and obnoxious and wake the baby. LOL. We get kind of competitive at times. It’s funny. Even after all of these years, he was really relieved when he found out I was pregnant by donor instead of a male partner. Not to worry, he told me that he had the snip snip, even if I am able and in the mood to sleep with him, he won’t produce a sibling. Besides, we were always very cautions, even when I was on the pill, and typically use at least one if not two condoms. Okay, off the sex subject before I end up with another wet dream tonight which would probably be really bad with baby back in position and OB appointment tomorrow.

I’m debating whether to circumcise or not if the baby really is a boy. I’m leaning towards no since it is elective surgery. Every now and again, I think that maybe I should. We will see. My nephew and his father (one of my brother in laws) aren’t. Don’t know about the other BIL, but think he probably is. Hmmm. I've never been with anyone who wasn't. Wish I had a viusal comparison in my mind.

It’s been really hot and humid here.

The baby really hasn’t been moving much over the last day or two. At least not that I can feel. I was worried enough that I pulled out the rented fetal heart monitor yesterday and did a live baby check. Still alive and the heart beat was strong and about his typical range. Maybe he is just running out of room to move. Not good, if I want to get him to change positions by tomorrow before my OB appointment.

I have stopped listening to my doula’s hypno birth CD. In it she has you visualize the baby in the birth position and being in labor. Just in case it was actually working too well, I have stopped until the event gets closer and I am off restriction.

Mom’s here. She did a Costco run and stocked me up on water and a few other things, plus cereal, corn dogs, and other junk that my cousins kids like. She bought a salad from there for dinner and I just threw some Chicken Breasts in the oven for dinner. Going out would be nicer, but….

I really hate having to turn on the oven when I have the AC down so low and it is so hot outside, but let’s face it. Oven baked chicken is WAY easier than grilled chicken only because you don’t have to get the grill ready and watch it so closely.

I’m thinking and praying for M who just had her best cycle ever after 5 and just started the 2ww and R who just had a less than ideal cycle and just started the 2ww. I hope those little embryo’s have implanted and are growing as we speak. May the force or fertility goddesses or fate be with them.

Since today is Wednesday, I am 5.5 days through my first week of bed rest. It has actually gone kind of fast. I haven’t really even turned on the TV or had a chance to read the trash magazines a friend brought me. Like I said, it is not as bad as I thought it would be. I just had to get into the zone I think. Not that I wouldn’t be thrilled if Dr. P, lessened my restrictions, but I am not holding my breath. I’m just holding out a small (very small) ray of hope.

I think that is all of the random thoughts I have in my brain to share right now.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I am glad you have found "the zone" for your bedrest...I think that I woudl get so very bored...I hope it doesn't happen for me but it is a big possibility with the high BP and the diabetes...

Let us know how your OB appointment goes today. I have been thinking about you!

Try and have fun with your cousin and her kids, as much fun as one can have while on bedrest I guess. LOL> how old are the kids?

And the ex-bf...oh, that sounds so lovely. My ex is now in a pretty solid relationship and they have been talking marriage for quite a while, but he is a bit of a committment phobe. I often dream of them splitting and him coming to visit....sigh...I can't go there...LOL

OK, this is getting pretty long. Have a great day!

Deb2You2 said...

Katrina - As you will see from my recent post, I am FREE after this weekend. So, if you still want to come the weekend after that, let me know. It turns out the vet had the date wrong of the cancer camp and it is Saturday, the day of my shower, not Sunday. There will be a lot of people around, but it will be fun if you still feel up to making the trip. Can't wait for your Dr. Apt. on Monday. Deb