Thursday, June 23, 2005

Still no baby furniture (frown, very big frown)

Several stores and several hours later, I still have not purchased any baby furniture. I think maybe I am making this harder than it has to be. But, there are so many choices and the ones I like the most are almost twice as expensive as the others. Plus, if I go with a 3 or 4 in 1 converter crib where is starts as a crib and then converts to a toddler bed then a day bed (if a 4 in 1) or a full size bed (if a 3 in 1), I want to make sure that there are other pieces of furniture in the collection to match. And, none of these other pieces like a nightstand, dresser, desk, etc. are on display at the baby stores. So, I have brochures and manufactures names and collections names and prices and web addresses written down. More research required. Maybe this weekend. I must make a decision very soon. As it is, it is very unlikely unless it is in stock that I will get it before the kid arrives. Ugh!!! I’m very tired now. Off to bed for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I'd love to hear more about what you found out about furniture. I'm trying to find some things for my ds's room actually, as all his white nursery furniture is now going to be used in the twins' room. Would you mind posting where you went and some websites - maybe what you thought was the best quality for the price?

Glad things are going well, that you got your painting done.

I chuckled at your comment about registering. Have you done it yet? I know it does take time, I had to do it recently too for my shower, but it was worth it. I did two sites: potterybarnkids.com and got almost my whole nursery decorated in terms of bedding etc., and then did babycenter.com. Another good one is babiesrus.com in case you have one near you (I don't) as then people can either do it online or go to the actual store. Both those sites have lots of "essential lists" that sort of thing, which you can look at and see what you need.

Hang in there -- we're almost there!!

Carolyn

Katrina said...

Sorry to hear that buying baby furniture has proven to be much more involved than you had hoped!

I am still waiting for a link to your registry!:)

Deb2You2 said...

Carolyn - I just posted about the furniture and what I ended up doing. Give me a call and I can tell you all which manufactures I likes and some of the prices. My big thing was I didn't want JUST baby furniture, but something that I could use beyond that. There is some really nice stuff and some really junky stuff out there, just a matter of what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. I looked at Baby's R Us, JC Penny, Baby Town, Baby Land, Baby Depot, Pottery Barn Kids, Plummers, and a few other places. Thanks for the suggestion of pottery barn kids. I think I will do one there and then call it quits. I started one and Baby's R Us today. My sister sent all of her baby bedding for me to use so I don't need that (just sheets, receiving blankets, that type of thing), but I could use a few things for the walls, etc. Whew! As tired as I am with a singlton, I think of you with twins, moving (instead of just having the house painted) with a child already and I am quite humbled. As you said, we are in the home strech! Yeah!!

Katrina - Thanks for stopping in. Making progress on the furniture and registry. Haven't had much time for the computer, but hope your cycle is going well. I think you IUI'd this weekend? I'll have to catch up tomorrow or Tuesday if work isn't too busy. Hope you are enjoying your summer break!

Debbie