Thursday, June 30, 2005

Catch-up Comments

Lucky had a re-check u/s and kidney/spleen aspiration on Tuesday. I found out yesterday that they are cancer free. Yeah! I think this means that today may be her last chemo treatment. Then, we move to radiation of half her body next week and the other half a month from now. After that, just monthly checks to make sure she is still in remission. If not, long hard choices will have to be made, but the way she has responded to the drugs and the fact that she now appears to be cancer free she has a good chance of falling into that 25% chance of staying in permanent remission and dying of other/natural causes. You know what I am hoping and praying for.

My mom was over yesterday. Yes, Wednesday night dinner. After work, I went and lay on the couch wishing I could stay there for the rest of the night. As she was trying to get me up and going for dinner because she was hungry and I was more tired than hungry, the baby gave a big kick. She paused and said, “Did the baby just kick you?” I said, “Yes”. She paused and got a big smile on her face and said, “I saw that from here!”. I think it made her day.

My cousin is going to be coming out this summer after all. They bought tickets Monday. My cousin is coming on July 22nd – Aug. 15th with her 14 y/o son and 8 y/o daughter. Her husband and 15 y/o daughter are going to come the first week of August only. It should be fun. (Katrina, I know you are going to read this and then not want to come. Please come anyway. It will be fun and I think you will really like my cousin.)

I have registered at Baby’s R Us and Pottery Barn kids. I haven’t figured out how (or if) I can get them to display without showing my last name so, despite requests, I probably will not be providing links. I would like to find someplace that has those cute kids drawer knobs and register for some of those, but haven’t.

Did you know that nursery’s are supposed to have a theme? Hmmm. I have thought long and hard about this. If I have to pick one, I think I will pick butterflies and fairies. The only problem with this theme is that none of the places I have looked at sell this stuff. As such, the theme will not show up on any registry. Too bad. That’s my theme and I am sticking with it!

Next OB appointment is tomorrow. I guess I never finish posting about my last appointment. Basically, both my OB and I agreed to proceed as if the little hospital stay never happened and that it was just a hydration issue resulting from travel and getting sick. I expect her to say, all is fine. See you in 2 weeks.

I bought a crib and nursing chair/ottoman on Tuesday. I really, really wanted to just lay on the couch all night, but forced myself up and about. Good thing. I was told 6-8 weeks for arrival. It will be a close call to see what gets here first, the kid or the crib.

Did I mention that I signed a contract with a Doula last Friday? Another task done. I think it went well. She gave me this hypno-birth CD she made to listen to. I need to call her and let her know that it gets really staticy in parts, but I have to say that when I listen to it before bed (and I have only listened to it before bed). I sleep really, really good and solid. It is amazing. I didn’t listen to it last night and didn’t sleep that great. My back has been sore (shoulder and lower back). I need to be stretching more and/or get in the pool and swim for a few minutes every few days or so. Sigh. I just doesn’t seem like there are enough hours in the day right now.

I really should be paying better attention to the meeting/conference call I am in. I hope I haven’t missed anything too important.

I am so glad that this weekend is a long one. I need the break. I am in constant vacation envy as everyone at work (or so it seems) is taking time off right now. I have seriously thought about taking a few days, but then decided to suck it up so I can have more time off when the baby is here.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Something you could do for a registry is make up a name. I just visited a registry for Cubbiegirl, a fellow SMC, and she registered under first name Cubbie last name Girl. It does end up showing the city though, but not the address. Just a suggestion. :)

I am still planning/strongly considering coming to visit end of July. :) Nothing certain but it is in my mind. :)

Katrina said...

Me again. So for example, you could register as KoolAid Mom or something to that effect. :)