Sunday, June 12, 2005

A breakfast of champions

Grilled Hamburger for Breakfast! Hmmm. MMMM. Nothing like a home made grilled hamburger for breakfast. I had one yesterday for lunch at the SMC pool party and it tasted so good. Someone came a bit late and fixed a hamburger and it smelled so good, I wanted another one, but was so full. There was no room in the tummy. I wisely didn’t go there. But, I have been thinking about another hamburger ever since. So, I started up the grill and cooked up a few more this morning. Maybe I will have burgers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner today. I just finished one and want another one, but I will refrain for at least an hour or so.

The pool party went well except for the weather that didn’t cooperate and no one actually got in the pool. However, we did sit around it and talked and relaxed. It was a nice time. Afterwards, I laid down to watch a bit of TV before heading out to my neighbors Wedding reception party and fell asleep. I didn’t even think I was tired, but I must have been. I vaguely remember waking up and turning off the TV before falling back to sleep for another hour. I got up and had some left over cantaloupe for dinner that someone brought to the party. I wish I hadn’t eaten it all last night, because that sounds really good right now as well (but, not so good that I will actually go to the store to buy one).

I thought about not going to the Wedding reception, but decided to suck it up (since I really wasn’t tired after such a long nap) and headed out. It was at Rick’s parents house about 10 min. away, not just next door. But, that was fine because I needed to stop and get a present on the way. I only stayed about an hour, but was glad I went just because they were so happy I came. Anthony, their little boy, was so cute. He wanted to know why I hadn’t brought the dogs with me. Rick's mom came up, gave me a big hug and told me how glad she was that I made it, and told her sister what a great neighbor I am to Rick and Stephanie.

It’s funny how protective “the guys” are of me. Mark, Rick’s best friend, took me over to the table of “girls” and made them all put out there cigarettes. He was happily telling his wife, who was at the table, “look who came”. She was like WTF, who is this, before the light bulb came on (after he said, Rick’s neighbor). It was a tad awkward “with the girls” on my part because I know that Mark and his wife have been trying to have a baby and had a m/c and myomectomy within a month or two of when I did. I’m not sure if Mark’s wife knows how much I know about their personal situation. And, I know how hard it is to be around someone who is pregnant when you aren’t and wish you were. It made me realize that I mostly know and talk with the guys and the kids, who tend to be outside more. And, how much personal stuff they tell me that their wives/girlfriends likely don’t know about. LOL.

Mark went on and on about how I needed to make sure that I let them know if I needed ANYTHING at all. It was no trouble. They would be happy to help. They were never doing that much, but hanging out and BS’ing. He knew that sometimes people didn’t like to ask for help, but they…Rick, his brother Mike, and Mark…wanted to help and to just let them know. This special treatment went over very well with “the girls” let me tell you, but I have to say that it did make me feel nice. When you are 205+ lbs, 7 mo. pregnant, and single, you take your complements and attention where you can get it. And, you never know when you may need that safety net of help from someone. Needless to say, I excused myself not long after that, but like I said, I did have a good time and was glad I went.

Today, I have no social obligations. I have the whole day to myself to do with what I like. There are so many possibilities, so many things I could do. I’m just going to play it by ear and see how it shapes up and what I feel like. Maybe I will get motivated to finish my blog about my last OB appointment. Or, maybe I won’t. Maybe I will pay my bills and go through household paperwork. And, maybe I won’t. Probably, I will eat another hamburger (or maybe two) because it was so good. I just may eat a burger for breakfast, lunch, and dinner today. We will see.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Mmmm..BBQed hamburgers are the best..yumm!!!:) (although I must say I have never been tempted to eat one for breakfast LOL)

You know, I thought you said you went to the reception and fell asleep (at the reception) LOL. Silly me...Glad you had such a great time. Sounds like you have some great neighbours! :) Enjoy your day with no obligations!:)

Sasha@Pw said...

I think the hamburger/cheeseburger craving is one that I hear the most of. Sounds yummy! you are making me hungry!