Sunday, June 19, 2005

Lazy, Lazy Me

Sometimes I am amazed at how little I can get done. I was supposed to buy baby furniture this weekend. NOT! I only got as far as calling a few stores to find out if they actually had any in stock. Babies R Us and Burlington Coat Factory – Baby Depot do. JC Penny and Macy’s do not. And, I only did that when urged by a friend. We have plans on Thursday night to go check it out. I will be buying furniture one way or another that night. Same friend was horrified when I said I wished someone would just buy it for me. I wasn’t kidding. At this point, I really don’t care as long as it is done.

Yesterday, I spent hanging out with a friend in from the Bay Area at her sister’s house. Her sister and I are due around the same time. She has a C-section scheduled on my due date and we are delivering in the same hospital. It will be so cool if we are there at the same time! It was a good time where kids ran around and played out side and we just hung out and talked and didn’t do much of anything. It was great to see her son who is now 9 mo.’s. He is a cutie.

Today, I got out of bed late at the urging of one of my dogs who seemed a bit concerned that she may not actually get walked today. Took them out, came back and climbed in bed (and think I actually dozed off), before I had to shower and get ready to meet a friend for brunch. Came home, climbed back in bed, researched sciatica nerve pain (not for ideal curiosity, but because I think this is what is causing me the recent pain I have had since I woke up Saturday, making walking and transitioning from sitting to standing painful), didn’t find much, but finally figured out how to spell it, think I dozed off again. Talked to a friend who urged me out of bed to call about the furniture. This motivated me enough (being out of bed) to give the dogs their evening walk and here I am.

Bills still aren’t paid, dishes still aren’t washed, etc, but, I managed to spend a whole day and do (almost) nothing. I really like days like this. Makes me feel a bit decadent.

No comments: