Friday, June 01, 2007

Wiped

TGIF! I’m so glad that it is Friday. It has been a really long week and I can’t tell you how glad I am that it is over.

I dropped my cousin’s daughter off at the airport this afternoon and got teary eyed as I gave her a last hug goodbye as she boarded the plane. It will probably sound really, really mean, but the tears were of relief not sadness. She was homesick off and on the entire time with the worst of it being Wednesday. I won’t get into a lot of details because I have already vented to a friend and I’m too tired to get into it. Let’s just say a major temper tantrum on her part made worse by how her parents handled the situation made me once again thankful I decided to parent (or at least start a family) solo.

I’m just so glad to be back to my little family and a kid who is reasonable easy going and goes to bed at 7 pm.

I’m typing this on my new laptop. While waiting at the airport getting irritated (but trying to not let it show) that C wanted a $3 bagel after I had asked her several times to eat a good lunch before we left and had her pack some grapes and “fish” in case she got hungry (not the money, the principle) and browsing the paper, I saw an ad for an inexpensive ($400) laptop on sale from a local electronics store. I’ve been keeping my eye open for awhile, but hadn’t seen what I wanted for what I wanted to pay (not much) since I really only want it for wireless internet connectivity for the living room and backyard. The sale that includes a rebate on top of that is only for this weekend so I ran out and got it before putting Max down. And, here I am with a basic laptop connected to the internet from where ever I want to be in my house. Yeah!
Max is finally starting to “play” with things other than balls and really doesn’t need or want my full attention quite a bit of the time, but he wants me around. I have found this stage to be incredibly mind numbing mixed with moments of pure joy and fun and a bit of dread when a terrible two type attitude quickly emerges and disappears. As a result, I have rediscover my love of reading. I’ve been making my way through the Left Behind series after watching a really interesting news special a few months ago that talked about the books and how a lot of the technology and situations needed to set up the prophesies are not win place. I had previously read up through book 8 and re-read those and about to start the last one this weekend. With the new laptop, I’ll now have another handy diversion to keep my sane while I appreciate the fact that my child can and is now interested in driving cars, buses, trains, and boats all over the house and yard, engrossed in his little people farm, boat, and truck, discovering sidewalk chalk, etc.

And, maybe I’ll be better about posting to my blog. I just really haven’t had time during the day and am so sick of my office at the end of the day that I haven’t wanted to go back in there after Max is down for the night.

In fertility news, I had another IUI on Tuesday and in yet another 2ww. I had actually ovulated prior to the IUI. My guess is only an hour before, but this is the second month in a row that the follicle was gone prior to the 36 hours and I don’t really like it. I’m not really worried about timing and likely won’t even ask to move up my next IUI (confident this one worked, huh?) because the egg typically lasts 24 hours while frozen sperm is only supposed to last about 12 hours. So, even if I had ovulated at 30 hours, if the egg quality decent the timing should be fine. It is just a new trend that I don’t like. I guess it is possible that I missed my surge, but think that is pretty unlikely, especially two months in a row. Hey, being wiped out and lack of time/energy, if good for anything, has kept me for stressing or researching it to death.

Speaking of lack of time and energy and things it hasn’t been good for…my eating. My carb and sugar intake really has been quite bad this week. And, I can really feel it. I need to get back on track. I must. On the way back from the airport I stopped for some basic groceries and didn’t get the chips, cookies, ice cream that I was craving. Can’t eat what’s not in the house. Max and I have no actual plans this weekend with a few errands that could be done, but likely won’t get done. I can’t wait. It is much needed.

Gosh, my kid is so darn cute. We got in the big pool almost every night after work this week, except for tonight since I had to rush out and get this nifty laptop. I just sat on the side in short and let him get in naked to play on the steps. He loved it. I think we are going to have a fun summer.

Okay, time to drink a bunch of water, take my vitamins, and distress before climbing between the sheets. I am so tired…and thirsty (which is not good since as the saying goes by the time you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated).

Yes, I know I am repeating myself, but I am just so darn worn out, wiped out, and depleted at the moment that I’m so glad for not only the weekend, but a nice quiet weekend at that.
TGIF!

No comments: