Sunday, June 17, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

Max is into his third hour of napping, which means I will likely not get this written and posted without interruption. I got a little nap in myself and finished my book (just a mind candy romance).

Last night as I was relaxing/trying to fall asleep, I made two decisions and pondered a third. Unfortunately, I can only remember one of the decisions I made. Try as i might, I can't remember the second and yet it was so clear last night. I hate that. The decision I remember is that if this cycle fails, I'm going to go on BCP's for a month before cycling again and go back to only cycling every other month. The decision I'm still pondering is putting Max in pre-school this fall at 2. I still need to actually check out schools, but am thinking about maybe doing half days in the morning, getting a nanny who can pick him up and put him down for a nap (no way with my work schedule could I do this) and do light house keeping and cook dinner while he sleeps, then play with him/take him to a park/whatever until I finish work. Like I said, I still need to actually check out the schools and make sure I think it would be a good fit and price it out since I think it will probably be more expensive than what I currently have going on, but I think it maybe the way to go. Max gets some exposure to a structured learning environment, but will still be home for nap. Getting him dressed and out the door may be an issue, but one of my questions will be how they feel about me bringing him in his PJ's if he starts to throw a fit about getting dressed which happens even now, but I don't have to press it. He just likes being in his diaper in the morning and will fight like anything if I try to get him dressed before he is ready. The other thing this may really help with is me eating better. Noemi doesn't cook, at all. It has taken me awhile to even get her to give Max reasonably balanced meals* and still tends to give him too much starchy carb foods for my liking. Dinner is just such a hard one. Maybe once a week, I'll stop work early to prepare something or can prepare something for me while Max is watching TV, but it is hard. This maybe the answer. We will see. As to the other decision? I'm sure it will come to me at some point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,

I "talked" to you right after the New Year, and we agreed that I'll call you but I got so swamped at work (100+hours a week). It's got a little easier now, and I can start looking at ttc now. Hence, I'm hoping that I can call you one of these days:-)

Listen, would you like to try Cornell for IVF? They seem to have such a higher chance of success. It appears to me that you are stuck there right now, and perhaps you need to speed it up somehow. I had an appointment with Dr Davis there last March, and I really liked him. It only took me 3 weeks to get an appointment - someone has cancelled out. I know that it's not easy from a logistical point of view, given that someone needs to stay with Max, etc. but I think it's all solvable. What do you think?

Best,
Nina