Monday, June 18, 2007

The Other Decision

I remembered the other decision (that I made the other night but couldn't remember in the light of day) this evening while playing a mindless game of computer solitaire procrastinating shooting up my stims tonight. I decided that I am going to take the week of July 4th as vacation as I had originally planned and not try to go anyplace, not even an overnight trip. I may or may not do any day or morning trips with Max. If so, maybe only one or two. I think I am going to have Noemi come pretty much as normal and use the time to do some serious gardening which I haven't been able to do since before Max was born. I just had some trees taken up and the roots ground up taking up most of my back yard lawn and I called the owner to ask that they come back because they should have done more like I asked. My mistake was having them come the two days before Memorial Day Weekend when I was trying to pack and get out of town. I'd love to get my fountain working, but need some help with that since it is too heavy for me to lift by myself. Maybe I can catch my yard guys this Wednesday and see if they will help. I've been having fun deciding what I want to plant where. I think if I spend every morning of the week, I may get everything done I would like. I'm also thinking of pricing out and attempting to put down sod, but think it may be more than I want to tackle both physically and financially right now. Then, I'm thinking of trying to schedule a massage and maybe a dinner out that week with the girls. I'm really starting to look forward to it. I've been itching to do some serious work now that the trees are out, but it has been too hot in the evenings when I am out there with Max and I know he would want to help and with the serious work I want to do he would just be in the way and frustrate me. I'm going to take out some, maybe all, of the lattice I installed a few years ago and rip out jasmine and morning glory and plant creeping fig instead. I also want to put in a few azalea, maybe try another Camellia and hydrangea or two. I need to plan it out to see if I can get another rose bush in someplace. I'm quite pleased with my decision and excited to plan it out. I feel like it will really be a vacation for me with time to do something I just haven't been able to in so long that I really, really enjoy. I can't wait. My plan is to make sure that I have all my paper work and bills done, accounts balanced, and all that other stuff so I can just go browse the nursery and dig in the dirt. I spent a few hours today going through paperwork and got my checking and savings accounts caught up. I hadn't balanced them since March. I spent part of my last two vacation spending a few days doing that type of thing. It was desperately needed, but it is too much like work. I want to get all caught up so I can just dig in and have one big garden project. Maybe not how many would want to spend there time, but I've been thinking about it and what I really wanted to do. Gardening it is. I know I said this already, but I really can't wait.

No comments: