Friday, June 15, 2007

True or False

How about we play a quick game of true or false? We will see how devoted a reader you are and how well you know me. I'll start with a few easy ones.

1) Today is cd2
2) I had a baseline u/s today
3) As a result of the u/s, I decided not to cycle this month and may, in fact, never cycle again.
4) I cried on the way to and the way from the clinic.
5) Max fell in the pool today
6) I pissed off my cat so badly he didn't even want to sleep with me last night

Now see, wasn't that fun?





Answers:
1) True
2) True
3) False, False - As much as I hate it, if I have any type of ovarian response and my ovaries are still present and functioning, I will cycle until I just can't anymore. And, I'm not there yet.
4) Sadly, true. Very unlike me. They weren't tears of despair, just the drippy sad ones. Prompted by a song about counting your blessing and being happy with what you have. It's not that I don't feel like I was blessed with Max, I just want another blessing. Just made me sad a bit that I can't be happier about the situation. Then again, if I was happier, I would not still be on the ttc path. My discontent is still more than my pain and sorrow of the sucky ass process, it is only that that keeps me going. It isn't for wimps as anyone who has ever gone down the path knows.
5) True. I was two steps away and probably could have prevented it, but didn't. He was only under for a few seconds, but was pretty freaked out. This may sound very mean, but I'm not unhappy (can't exactly say I was happy about it, but am not unhappy if that makes sense) it did. I was talking to him about safety around the pool and he needed to be careful so he didn't fall in right as he did. I'm hoping the experience will give him a bit of caution and a frame of reference the next time. I don't want him to be afraid and seriously thought of staying with him in the pool until he calmed down (a back on the saddle/horse type thing), but I was not in my suit, on cd2 of a moderately heavy period, and wearing a pad so I didn't press the point even though I did think about it. In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't because he just clung to me and cried for about 10 minutes (which is really long for him, maybe it just felt like 10 minutes, hey I was outside..not looking at a clock, but he did cry for quite awhile) with is head on my shoulder and his naked body wrapped in a towel up against mine.
6) True. He has been barfing up a lot of hairballs again lately so I gave him a bit of a hair cut, taking off two huge mats of hair. In the process, I saw 2 flea's on him, so he had to get a flea treatment. He was not amused at all. I guess I am into tough love right now because I didn't really care. Truthfully, I was fine that he didn't want to sleep with me since I dislike fleas with a passion I can't even describe. I will check him again soon and go with more aggressive treatment if the Frontline didn't work. He will likely be getting a bath/flea bath this weekend either way. He is snuggled up next to me right now, but licking a bit too much so I may have to go check him out again. Hmmm. He must have seen the gleam in my eye since he just removed himself from my presence all of a sudden. Smart cat.

No comments: