Monday, November 27, 2006

Utter shock

My RE was killed in a car accident today. His wife is due any time now with their fourth child. He was the only RE I ever saw or wanted to see. I have said many times over how he was the perfect doctor for me. He tirelessly answered question and question after question over the years until I almost ran out. I have been thinking over the last few weeks I should email him on a few things mostly about what to try next if my ovaries don’t respond again. I was scheduled to see him sometime this week as soon as I got my period, which I predict as tomorrow. I have this wonderful picture of him, his wife who is my OB, me, and Max one day old in the hospital. Max and I look at it often and it is part of Max’s birth story. I was so hoping to have another such picture with another child sometime next year. My feeling of loss and sorrow is nothing compared to that of his family. May they have the strength and fortitude to deal this horrible, horrible loss. He truly was a compassionate man and a wonderful doctor. I am just one of many, many people whose life he touched. Why do such bad things happen to such good people?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god Debbie, oh my god. I am so so sorry... You must be in complete shock. I can't believe this... His poor family and right in the middle of the holidays. I never met him, but just from you could tell what an incredible physician and man he was...

I'm so sorry...

Carolyn

Calico Sky said...

I am really sorry for your loss and that of his family. How very very terrible. Cherish that picture. Big Hugs