Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Tragedy

I just can’t get Dr. N and his family out of my mind. It is just such a tragedy. He was around my age. Probably a few years younger. Admire is probably the wrong word, but I had such respect and fondness (that doesn’t seem like the right word either) for him.

He was only me doctor, but I felt a special relationship for him. He helped me conceive Max. He was through me for 2 m/c’s, 2 surgeries, 2 cancelled IVF’s, countless procedures, wandings, etc. He gave me the information I needed, but the decision on how to proceed and what to do next was always mine. I saw him more than any other doctor and in more intimate situations (surprised when I go to the dr. for something else these days and keep my clothes on and my legs together) than any prior or I’m sure to come.

I can only imagine the loss that his family and friends are feeling.

God bless him and his family.

2 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Really sorry again for your loss. Will there be a memorial service you could go to? Sometimes these things really help - a way to express how much someone meant to us.

Katrina said...

Oh, Debbie. I am so sorry, and I also feel for his family. I am keeping you all in my prayers.