Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Truly Horrific

I thought I wanted to know more about how Dr. N died and mentioned to a friend (and former patient of Dr. N’s) how I had browsed for a few articles but hadn’t found anything. This friend happens to be a lawyer and obviously way better and searching/researching than I. Now that I know, I wish I didn’t.

Warning: Graphic details exerted from news article below

The California Highway Patrol said that just after 9 a.m., a driver headed northbound hit another car from behind. The driver of the car that was hit lost control of the SUV and crossed the center divider, colliding head-on with an oncoming big rig. The driver of the SUV died at the scene. The vehicle caught fire, and the victim was burned beyond recognition, said the CHP.

The coroner's office won't officially release his identity until his dental records are confirmed.

He was killed on Monday after an accident on the highway forced him to drive across the median and into oncoming traffic, where he collided with a big rig.



I just feel cold and nauseous. Apparently, there have been several other fatalities in this same spot and “Caltrans is in the process of putting guardrails in the center divider” to prevent more. It is just so senseless and horrible.

So much for trying to get a better night sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Debbie,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I've definitely been thinking of you and hoping that you are okay.