Thursday, November 02, 2006

Brutal

Just a quick post to say that Max and I are still alive; Halloween went fine; he made a cute clown and has grown an inch or two in the last month since my sister measured him for the costume; we have been sick (just a cold); who ever thought up daylight savings must never had small children who were on a schedule and that I never realized before how much it sucked; work is consuming; my free time is spent with Max and/or trying to sleep or fantasizing about sleep; and even if I had some free time to blog, return phone calls, pay bills, I haven’t had the energy. We have had a few really bad nights here, but are getting back on track. I never could have imagined this when Max was just born, but there have been a few times recently where I really wasn’t enjoying being a mommy very much, like between 3 and 5 am when Max wants up and to play and momma wants to sleep, my niece went in to “save” him when he was screaming bloody murder ensuing a conversation on how she should check with me first; etc and so on. Just a little rough patch. Things are already improving.

I’m taking tomorrow as a vacation day and have a nice low key weekend with minimal social engagements. I have a 9 am massage booked, a chiropractor adjustment right after that, and then dreams of a nap or lying in bed reading for the rest of the day (hahahaha). Anyway, our schedule and life has been a bit brutal lately.

No comments: