Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Feeling Decedent

I’m feeling a bit decedent here. I took the day off work and will spend the afternoon/evening at my friend’s family beach house with several SMC’s (Single Mom’s by Choice). Max is off at the park with his Nanny for another hour and 10 minutes, but who’s counting. Then, we will feed him lunch and put him in the car to nap on the way to the beach.

And, the lady that cleans my house twice a month is here today. So, I will have a nice afternoon away and get to come home tired to a spotless house that should stay that way until morning for a change.

At least, that’s the plan.

I have finished everything I need to before we go and everything is packed. Now, I get to play on the computer for a bit, guilt free. How fun!

Weekends go so quickly these days. I just love spending entire day’s with Max. I am tired at the end, for sure. And, it can be a challenge keeping him entertained and amused at times. As much as “I” love Sunday’s being mommy and Max days. I can tell he is sick of just seeing my face by then so I have had people over the last few Sunday afternoons to swim and play in the back yard. It has really worked out well.

Saturday’s almost always has something going on. This Saturday, it was a party at a friend’s house. Max was the only kid and the house wasn’t baby proofed so I had to watch him like a hawk, but I had brought his walking Hippo which kept him focused for much of the time and we both had a good time.

It also brought a first milestone. It was the first time he pooped, not at home. Odd, huh? It has been almost a year and it was the first time I had to change a poo poo diaper when we were not hat home. I was wondering when the streak would end. It wasn’t a messy blow out, just a normal run of the mill one. Didn’t even need a change of clothes or anything, but I did take the opportunity to put him in his PJ’s for the ride home since it was almost time to leave. I have to laugh because I have been faithfully bringing a change of clothes “just in case” every time we go out, but I have yet to need it even once. One of these days, when I least expect, he will get me good, but, so far, so good. And, it is not as if the kid never gets out, because we are on the go. Remember, we even went 10 days to Michigan for Thanksgiving and Max’s baptism. We have gone overnight several times places. But, he has just never been that regular. Since he is on solids and gets a fruit and vegetable at almost every meal (have to remind Naomi frequently to give Max veggies at lunch and dinner since she often doesn’t), including breakfast (asparagus and pears this morning), he has gotten almost regular. Ah, the things a mom worries about.

Anyway, not much is new. I forgot to take my progesterone yesterday morning. Or, rather, I briefly remember and was going to do it after I showered and then didn’t remember again until 4 pm. Sigh. Today was the last Dex (steroid) since I have been weaning off it since last week when my IVF got cancelled. Other than that, nothing new. Just living life and waiting to see if this cycle worked. The first week is usually pretty easy on me these days. If things did work, the little embryo is making its way down the fallopian tube and implantation should occur around this Friday/Saturday. Then, the second week begins, which is usually a much harder week for me.

Off to make a few phone calls and enjoy my remaining 45 minutes of free time before heading to the beach to celebrate summer. Can’t wait.

No comments: