Friday, August 04, 2006

7 dpo

One week down, one week to go. Very, very tired. It's been a busy week. Friend came over for dinner and we ordered Chinese food in. Ate too much. Haven't had Chinese food in ages. Now, am very, very thirsty. LOL. Also, had acu appointment this afternoon. Very relaxing. I think I actually dozed off. I don't think that happened. I got the impression that she thought the cycle didn't work, because she was talking about what we should do next week, but then said, let's just see how this cycle goes cause it may be a mute point. Then, she made a comment that me trying like this was like having sex each month and it doesn't work every month. It was like she was trying to level set my expectations. I was afraid to ask if she could tell this early (by pulse, etc.), but did tell her that I had no expectations so far anyway. If it worked, the embryo would be implanted by now. Either way, I find out in a week. And, no stupid parking tickets this time. Yeah! She also found this weird rash on my left elbow that I didn’t even know was there until she mentioned it and showed me. Now, of course, it is bugging me. Can you say psychosomatic?

As far as how I am doing....mostly good. I've been busy and taking it all in stride. Here is an email to my RE about my lab visit this morning and what my current next steps are…

Hi Dr. N - Happy Friday!! I had my blood drawn this morning and got into a minor argument/disagreement with the lab guy because I forgot/didn’t realize that the lipid panel was supposed to be fasting. He told me I couldn’t have the labs drawn today because of that. I told him that I had to have the progesterone test today and would come back another time for the lipid panel. He said, NO, since they are on the same script, they had to be done together. I couldn’t do one now and one later. I calmly put my foot down and insisted that they do at least the progesterone and if they had to do both and the lipid was invalid so be it. So, he finally let me do them both while muttering about how invalid it would be and how I should have been told I should have fasted, etc. which I just ignored. I didn’t have the heart to tell the guy that not only did I not fast, I had waffles for breakfast. LOL. I didn’t want to get the guy even more worked up and have him try to refuse outright again. Good thing I am pretty easy going and don’t let things like this get me worked up. One week down and one week to go until beta. Mostly going fine except for the “occasional” worry about the worst case scenario…an ectopic in my left tube because I am feeling pressure on and off in my left ovary area. Yes, I know, most likely caused by a cyst from the last cycle unless I am so in tune with my body these days I was feeling the embryo travel down the fallopian tube….HAHAHAHA, okay, I’m cracking myself up over here and hopefully, at least made you smile….Anyway, I think I have decided, unless I change my mind again, to take a month off if this cycle doesn’t work mostly because of timing and Max’s 1 year old birthday (on the 17th) and my cousin and family coming into town for it, but figured it wouldn’t hurt to give my body a rest from the meds for a month either. Hope you are well and have a nice, work free weekend. TGIF!!

On that note, I am shutting down my computer and off for a cool bath and bed.

No comments: