Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Max Has Grown

We had Max’s one year pedestrian appointments yesterday. It went fine. He had three shots. The first didn’t faze him, the second one he cried and did his no breathing thing for a bit, by the third he was screaming and took a bit to calm down. He got the mommy treatment and got held on the way back to the car instead of being plopped into the stroller.

Height: 31 ½
Weight: 20 lbs 8 oz
Head: 18

In the last three months, he has grown 1 ¼ inches taller, gained 2 lbs (exactly), and his head circumference is 1/8 inches bigger.

He slept a record of almost 12 hours last night. He hasn’t seemed to have a reaction to the shots except for the extra sleep and being a bit more cuddly than usual.

The Happy Birthday sign is still hanging and a few balloons are still floating around the house, but the last box went out with the trash and the new toys are slowly finding new spots as things have been rearranged to accommodate them. The birthday celebration is behind us and I am feeling just a little bit sad that it has come and gone so fast; and that I am not pregnant; and that I would have been into my second trimester if I hadn’t miscarried a few months ago. I have also been having a lot of anxiety about not cycling this month. Logic says I needed a break and logistically it just wasn’t really possible this month, but emotionally, it just feel wrong, like this month could be it and that I should try to go for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy B'day Max. He is such a beauty! And I love his smile.

I understand the need to want to go forward with a cycle to have the hope and the wonder of being pg again.

Jack and I pray for you and hope your dream comes true soon.

Just wanted to say Hi and hugs.

Harding and Jack