Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sometimes, when it rains, it pours

I am cd21 today and was not expecting my period to start until next week. Did you catch the “was not expecting” part? Yes, you guessed it. I started spotting this morning and it is getting heavier so my period will likely be here by this afternoon or tonight or by tomorrow at the latest. What is wrong with this? How does this complicate my life? Let me count the ways…

1) My clinic is closed over the long weekend and cd3, where you would normally do a baseline u/s, will be Saturday or Sunday, depending on how you count it. Right when the office is closed.
2) I am sure I didn’t ovulate and have a cyst on my left ovary that will need to be aspirated or I will need to wait another month.
3) My RE is currently on jury duty. He is hoping he will be dismissed and working tomorrow. Love the email the RE thing since he responded while on jury duty to say that it is fine for me to cycle this month and it would be better for me to go in tomorrow instead of waiting until next Tuesday and that if he isn’t off jury duty, the other RE in the office can do it. But, a call to the office reveals that the other RE is in the other office which is probably almost a two hour drive one way from my house.
4) I am on-call for jury duty next week and have already cancelled/postponed at least once if not twice when I was m/c last time and had to take Max into the ped for a head injury check.
5) A friend is donating me meds for this cycle and I don’t yet have them so need to go pick them up which is a 45 min. trip one way.

But, in spite of being tired, all the family drama, and Max’s nanny calling in sick, I am totally loving being able to spend an extra bonus day with Max and have a friend coming over this afternoon with her kids as a play date.

And, Naomi called and said she was feeling better. She went to the Dr. this morning. She was gong to come this afternoon. I told her to rest up since I already had told work I wasn’t working and I would see her tomorrow. But, I now know that most probably she will be here tomorrow and I won’t have to do all that running around WITH Max. That wouldn’t have been pretty and would have taken a lot of preparation.

And, even though this stuff is complicated and not ideal, the experience with James last night and the fact that he is alive and well puts things in perspective.

And, another quick Max story since he is still napping. This morning when I was putting him in the car seat to go to our morning walk*, he started throwing a fit and crying and carrying on. He must have caught his face in the reflector mirror I have opposite his car seat so I can see him from the front seat. All of a sudden he stops crying but opens and closes his mouth and making funny faces at himself in the mirror. I think he realized, for the first time, that the boy in the mirror was him. I started laughing. He glanced at me. Made a few more faces in the mirror and started laughing too. Ah, this kid of mine. I do love him so.

* We went to the “duck” park or “quack, quack, quack” as he calls it. It is a man made lake that has ducks and geese and birds. Max and Shadow both really like it. I think it is a tad dirty, but what is a momma to do? I suck it up and we go anyway about once a week.

No comments: