Monday, August 07, 2006

TV Time

I very rarely watch TV. By rarely, I mean maybe, maybe 3 hours a month. I can go days without turning the TV on (other than putting in a DVD for Max, but that is a separate post for another day). I can almost always find something else to do. When I do turn it on, my taste usually runs to the Weather Channel, News, and Everyone Loves Raymond. I have recorded and like the new Gena Davis series, where she is president. Can’t think of the name just now. But, most of the ones saved got erased on accident (written over by other shows) and I don’t think they have had any new episodes recently. I have even stopped taping (via the DVR, which I often wonder why I even keep) most shows cause I never go back and watch them.

However, a few months ago, I was flipping channels and caught two episodes of this show called “Dog The Bounty Hunter”. A very funny and entertaining show about this bounty hunter Dog (Duane) who works with his wife, son, and brother to capture criminals who have jumped bail. Tonight was one of the rare nights that I sat on the couch and watched a bit of TV and I caught another episode. They are based out of Hawaii and in tonight’s episode, they flew to SF/Bay Area to capture this criminal who had jumped bond 3 years ago and had managed to escape them. They got a 120 day extension from the judge and caught the criminal on the last day of the extension. If they had not done so, they would have had to pay the court $75K. I was so drawn in (as I was the last time I saw it) that I watched the entire thing and even managed to stay tuned in spite of the commercial breaks, which is very rare for me.

The show is not for everyone and a very odd type of reality show, but you have to see it to truly get the draw. The team is a cast of characters that make you look at things differently, laugh, and cry all within the same show. I was entertained enough that I added it to the record list. Maybe with viewing more episodes, I will loose my interested, but what I have seen so far was a hoot.

No comments: